This Is How Republicans Suppress Voter Turn Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    a welfare ID.
    So you get a special ID for being on welfare???

I'm very unclear on this concept. Please explain so I can comment accurately.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    You deleted and didn't answer Can you see how this would disproportionately affect poor people?
    Again, I need more info before I answer.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I posted the article in this thread in post 102.
    I'm on my phone.

Just a quick explanation will do.

If I then need to verify it via the link, I'll hit it up when I'm at a PC. That'll be late tonight, fyi.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      So you get a special ID for being on welfare???

I'm very unclear on this concept. Please explain so I can comment accurately.

Again, I need more info before I answer.

I'm on my phone.

Just a quick explanation will do.

If I then need to verify it via the link, I'll hit it up when I'm at a PC. That'll be late tonight, fyi.
      I don't know all the particulars. I believe it is the ID you get upon being approved for welfare in NC.

Ok, when you can read the article, then I am interested to see your answer.

What I posted before gives you the gist. It can wait until you can read it in full.

Comment

Posted in this thread and the other time we discussed it.

The Supreme Court has said yes, the way the laws have been crafted create problems and they are striking them down across the country. You don't even know the different processes in all the states yet you somehow know they are easy to obtain.

I ignored nothing you posted. In fact, i responded to everything you posted. To post I am deflecting makes you look disingenuous. All you have left is to take my points about you and try and flip them. Sad.

You are downplaying the difficulty and the barriers to obtaining a voter ID because it fits your argument. You haven't posted 1 link in support of what you said. Welfare isn't voting.
        You defeat yourself with your own arguments. You say the Supreme Court said the way the laws are crafted creates problems, but in the same paragraph admit that laws are different in each state, so clearly the Supreme Court is not against all voter ID laws, and they certainly aren't against the ones which require a showing a form of picture ID, as shown by Crawford v Marion.

"A statute requiring voters to show a picture ID is constitutional. Crawford v. Marion County Election Board, 553 U.S. 181 (2008), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court held that an Indiana law requiring voters to provide photographic identification did not violate the United States Constitution."

Which in many ways is the essence of this argument.

Secondly you ignored everything I posted, if not then please address the following and clear the air.

Majority of poor folk are white people, why are these laws not affecting their ability to obtain an ID?

Overwhelming majority of working folk need a form of ID to get a job, if these people can provide an ID for work why not to vote?

Poor need an ID to cash your check or get any form of Government Benefits, how do they manage to find ID for this but not the voting booth?

Comment

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...y-about-fraud/

Six of the 16 states that have passed voter ID laws since 2010 have a documented history of discriminating against minority voters. All but one of those states’ laws were put in place after the Supreme Court overturned a key provision of the Voting Rights Act that required them to seek approval from the Justice Department for any voting-law changes.
          First off, you can't point to this and indicate that this is some sort of large controversy. The only people bringing these voter ID laws in front of the Supreme court are democrats who are terrified that this will affect their voting bloc because they're either to lazy or illegal to get ID, and secondly the only people voting against these laws are more lefty judges in the supreme court.

Comment

North Carolina as part of their voter ID law prohibited public assistance IDs as a form of identification. So you and jim keep making this point yet don't seem to realize that states are removing the welfare ID as a form of ID used to get a voter ID.

Can you see how this would disproportionately affect poor people?

Staying in North carolina, in addition to the welfare ID, they refused to allow state ID's as a form to get a voter ID. The state ID was held mostly by black people.

Can you see how this is discriminatory?
            Bolded part is bull****, the whole argument for NC was that you need a state photo ID to vote. It was struck down by the Supreme court by a 4-4 tie, which means liberal on the court voted against and conservatives for.

If a person can obtain ID for welfare, they can obtain an ID to vote, and as far as I am concerned welfare ID requirements should be beefed up as well. People are scamming the system left and right.

Legitimate state photo ID, is all anyone is asking for here.

Comment

Not everyone can vote early in the depending on where and when they work. For example, my wife goes in the AM while I watch the kids, then I go in the afternoon after work.

In this case , yes. The gov't knows (or can find out) who the eligible voters in its state are. This would surely make more voters turn out, which is what we want, right?
              cant afford an ID lmao give me a break, its not some 3rd world country. IF you are working then how the **** cant you afford to buy an ID. If you arent working and are scrounging, you dont deserve to vote anyway cause you are a waste of space.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Bolded part is bull****, the whole argument for NC was that you need a state photo ID to vote. It was struck down by the Supreme court by a 4-4 tie, which means liberal on the court voted against and conservatives for.

If a person can obtain ID for welfare, they can obtain an ID to vote, and as far as I am concerned welfare ID requirements should be beefed up as well. People are scamming the system left and right.

Legitimate state photo ID, is all anyone is asking for here.
                Yeah but read the other part too. They didn't acknowledge state ID either.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  cant afford an ID lmao give me a break, its not some 3rd world country. IF you are working then how the **** cant you afford to buy an ID. If you arent working and are scrounging, you dont deserve to vote anyway cause you are a waste of space.
                  Do you need a voter's ID to vote over there?

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Yeah but read the other part too. They didn't acknowledge state ID either.
                    Thats the part that is bull****, state ID is the only thing they wanted to acknowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      Thats the part that is bull****, state ID is the only thing they wanted to acknowledge.
                      He was talking about NC. So you saying Dunn is making stuff up?
                      I am gonna ask for a link.

Comment

Working...
                      X