No announcement yet.

100 Dead Wrestlers and Cause of Their Death

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Dead Wrestlers and Cause of Their Death

I randomly came across this video. I'm not into WWE style wrestling at all but I found the death statistics of wrestlers to be disturbing and had no idea there was such a high incidence of relatively young heart attack deaths and suicides...the first and second most frequent causes of deaths amongst these 100.

While everyone talks about the NFL and CTE, the WWE's history of deaths gets overlooked. Damn near all my childhood favorites are dead.

You ever see the jake the snake documentary?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      While everyone talks about the NFL and CTE, the WWE's history of deaths gets overlooked. Damn near all my childhood favorites are dead.

You ever see the jake the snake documentary?
      I just watched the trailer...looks interesting. I'm going to look for the doc and watch it. "The Skeik's" documentary was also very good.

Comment

Overweight and drug abuse

Comment

Wrestlers especially from the mid 80s-90s era were like bodybuilders living the rock star lifestyle while getting banged up like NFL players a few times a week.

Bodybuilders (some wrestlers were fat and morbidly obese), rock stars, and NFL players aren't known to be the healthiest people, imagine working in an industry that combined all three risky lifestyles.

Comment

Many of these guys were on the road 250+ nights per year. I just watched the HBO Andre the Giant documentary. He had over 5,000 matches in his career. That takes a huge toll on their bodies. Hulk Hogan has had hip replacements, knee and back surgerys and can barely walk. Many of them get addicted to pain killers and live unhealthy lifestyles. Not to mention the steroid use and recreational drug use.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Wrestlers especially from the mid 80s-90s era were like bodybuilders living the rock star lifestyle while getting banged up like NFL players a few times a week.

Bodybuilders (some wrestlers were fat and morbidly obese), rock stars, and NFL players aren't known to be the healthiest people, imagine working in an industry that combined all three risky lifestyles.
              I understand the crash and burn lifestyle analogy...but even compared to bodybuilders and NFL players it seems the heart attacks are so much more frequent...and the suicides seem also quite high.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Many of these guys were on the road 250+ nights per year. I just watched the HBO Andre the Giant documentary. He had over 5,000 matches in his career. That takes a huge toll on their bodies. Hulk Hogan has had hip replacements, knee and back surgerys and can barely walk. Many of them get addicted to pain killers and live unhealthy lifestyles. Not to mention the steroid use and recreational drug use.
                I meant to watch that...I'll have to look for it online later. Was it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  I meant to watch that...I'll have to look for it online later. Was it any good?
                  Yes it was well done. Sad.

Comment

i dont think i knew that Test died

Comment

Working...
                    X