Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Fury-Wilder Winner Is World's Best Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warren putting it straight to football fans!

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
      Boxrec rankings are not the be all and end all. would you rank the P4P best off Compubox stats? no.

best is best. we can all argue about who that may be.
      but joshua keeps ducking, wilder and fury look to be fighting and we all know joshua only got any belt once once was nicked off fury and woulda had to fight fury for any others not belonging to wilder, had fury not given them up. so... bit more complicated than you make out.
      Joshua keeps ducking? He's about to fight the number 3 ranked hw in the world. This after unifying against unbeaten Joseph Parker who was also ranked 3. He will have faced 4 of the current Ring top ten, holding 3 major belts and all this within 22 pro fights.

What other claims have you made? Let's see, the belts were nicked off Fury? Not really. He lost one belt because he was contractually obliged to give Wlad a rematch and was thus unable to answer a mandatory challenge. The others went after he lost it and declared himself unfit to fight. He tested positive for nandrolone and had the Hammer fight which got him his title shot ruled a no contest and he twice announced his retirement from boxing and went on an 18 month cocaine and alcohol blowout reaching 28 stone. I suppose you think the sanctioning bodies should've ignored all that?

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Lets not use boxrec's rankings please. Lets use common sense here.

Fury ended Klitshcko's reign and beat him much easier than Joshua did. So if you want to say those wins are equal, then fine. But Fury should definitely get more credit for it as he wasn't facing Klitshcko off a 18 month lay off and quite frankly just beat him first.

Wilder is the next best HW in the world next to Joshua right now. You agree right? Okay glad you agree. So if Fury's win over Wlad is better than Joshua's win over Wlad, AND he beats the next best HW, how is he not the best? Or has the best resume? And Fury DOMINATED Chisora who gave Whyte hell shortly after. So his win over Chisora is better than Joshua's win over Whyte. Sorry man, if Fury beats Wilder he is the man until proven otherwise.
      Fury's win over Wlad was a great achievement but it's 3 years ago and since then he's not done much other than drag his own and the sports reputation through the gutter. If he beats Wilder it's a great win but he'll still have to beat Joshua, the man who has been performing for the past 3 years, who has stayed disciplined and in shape, who has improved with every fight and who has faced more fighters in the top ten than Wilder and Fury combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
        Joshua keeps ducking? He's about to fight the number 3 ranked hw in the world. This after unifying against unbeaten Joseph Parker who was also ranked 3. He will have faced 4 of the current Ring top ten, holding 3 major belts and all this within 22 pro fights.

What other claims have you made? Let's see, the belts were nicked off Fury? Not really. He lost one belt because he was contractually obliged to give Wlad a rematch and was thus unable to answer a mandatory challenge. The others went after he lost it and declared himself unfit to fight. He tested positive for nandrolone and had the Hammer fight which got him his title shot ruled a no contest and he twice announced his retirement from boxing and went on an 18 month cocaine and alcohol blowout reaching 28 stone. I suppose you think the sanctioning bodies should've ignored all that?

Fury's win over Wlad was a great achievement but it's 3 years ago and since then he's not done much other than drag his own and the sports reputation through the gutter. If he beats Wilder it's a great win but he'll still have to beat Joshua, the man who has been performing for the past 3 years, who has stayed disciplined and in shape, who has improved with every fight and who has faced more fighters in the top ten than Wilder and Fury combined.
        I literally said in my post before the one you quoted that we just need Joshua vs the winner of Wilder/Fury to determine who the best HW is without having to use any hypotheticals. However, Fury by ending Wlad's reign plus beating the 2nd best HW in Wilder will have a better resume than Joshua. Fury would be seen by most as the guy to beat. That would make him the best HW at the moment. But we will only know for sure once he faces Joshua. Or if Wilder beats Fury then he would have to face Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          You just said let’s use common sense but your mind is obviously must more refined and complex than mine. Ok let me tell you what I understood Fury beat Klitschko easier than Joshua did so because of that if he beats Wilder he is better than Joshua or definitely at no 1.

I can’t not argue with the win of fury against Klitschko, went to his own back yard and took the belts. I think everyone will agree with you far more monumental and more of a statement than Joshua doing it 1.5 years later and going life and death with an older Klitschko. Nevertheless Joshua still beat Klitschko and has a win over him. It’s like Saying well Joshua beat Eric Molina in 3 rounds and it took Wilder 8 rounds and Molina made Wilder dance so Joshua is obviously better.

Your example with Fury beating Chisora and therefore trumpsJoshua’s win over Whyte went over my head. In any case it is what it is and that’s your opinion and this is mine so who’s to say your not wrong
          It's not only that Fury beat Wlad easier than Joshua, he beat him right before Joshua beat him. He also beat Wlad who had a LONG reign as the champ. Joshua faced him when he had a big lay off. But that win was still impressive nonetheless.

Fury WHITEWASHED Chisora who two years later or however later gave Whyte hell in a fight most were split on. And that was Whyte AFTER he had already faced Joshua. So which win do you rank better? Joshua beating Whyte or Fury beating Chisora?

I just think it becomes extremely difficult to argue that Joshua has a better resume if Fury beats Wilder. Wins over Wilder/Wlad/ChisroaX2 beats Wlad/Povetkin/Parker/Whyte for me.

Comment

Fury was never real champion anyway.

Comment

I literally said in my post before the one you quoted that we just need Joshua vs the winner of Wilder/Fury to determine who the best HW is without having to use any hypotheticals. However, Fury by ending Wlad's reign plus beating the 2nd best HW in Wilder will have a better resume than Joshua. Fury would be seen by most as the guy to beat. That would make him the best HW at the moment. But we will only know for sure once he faces Joshua. Or if Wilder beats Fury then he would have to face Joshua.

Assuming fury and AJ win their last three opponents would be: Takam, Parker, Povetkin, vs Seferi, Pianeta, Wilder. Spot the difference?

You don't become the number one fighter by beating one ranked guy in 3 years. Not even if the guy is ranked 2. You become number one by consistently fighting and beating top ranked fighters.

Fury hasn't done that and nor for that matter has Wilder, yet you want to bestow the number one ranking on one of them simply for facing each other?

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                I do agree with Frank on this occasion.For Joshua to blatantly duck Wilder and then tie him to a small flat rate tells me he doesn't want to know even Povetkin is earning more than Wilder was offered doesn't that tell even the dimmest of folk and no title either.

I have always been right behind A.J. and still see him as a decent guy but the truth is he and his team just don't want the risk and that is the risk that Tyson has no problem taking .
                Ok tell me how much you think Povetkin will earn?......whoa whoa don’t just reply me you will look stupid. Go on google and check it out. You see when you find things out for yourself and stop repeating what you hear everything becomes clear. Now do you still think Povetkin makes more than the offer made to Deontay. If so feel free to respond if not. We all say stupid stuff when we get carried away, some more than others. I still see you as a decent guy though.

Comment

It's not only that Fury beat Wlad easier than Joshua, he beat him right before Joshua beat him. He also beat Wlad who had a LONG reign as the champ. Joshua faced him when he had a big lay off. But that win was still impressive nonetheless.

Fury WHITEWASHED Chisora who two years later or however later gave Whyte hell in a fight most were split on. And that was Whyte AFTER he had already faced Joshua. So which win do you rank better? Joshua beating Whyte or Fury beating Chisora?

I just think it becomes extremely difficult to argue that Joshua has a better resume if Fury beats Wilder. Wins over Wilder/Wlad/ChisroaX2 beats Wlad/Povetkin/Parker/Whyte for me.
                  No I agree if Fury beats Wilder the 2 names he has trumps Joshua’s accumulation of credible fighters. I think because of his hiatus it will make the victory even more impressive. I do feel regardless of anyone’s feeling towards Joshua he has to be faced and beaten to be called the true number 1.

Comment

... and yet boxrec, the ring magazine etc will all disagree with you Frank.

Frank what's stopping Dave Allen from beating up Lennox Lewis in the ring, Lennox looks well out of shape is the lineal champion and didn't lose it in the ring ? Vlad never beat Lewis and wasn't his brother the better boxer anyway.

Fury hasn't beaten a single current top 10 heavyweight and Wilder has beaten only one if that makes you any form of champ its not worth having ... imagine a sports team who proclaimed themselves champions and hadn't beaten any of the other top 10 they'd be laughed at.

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    According to promoter Frank Warren, the Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder winner will prove himself as boxing's best heavyweight. Assuming Anthony Joshua beats mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin on September 22, he'll still own four of boxing's five heavyweight titles. The Fury-Wilder winner will own only the WBC championship, yet will have lineage on his side.
                    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Fury is #1, Wilder #2, Ortiz #3

When you get all your belts bought and duck all the top guys, you should not be ranked!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X