Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next WBSS division is apparently..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next WBSS division is apparently..

Lightweight.

Im guessing it will prolly be something like:

Burns
    Campbell
    Commey
    Linares
    Beltran
    Crolla
    Petrov
    some random American like Ryan martin?

I don't see how they can put it together without at least one big name, without linares etc its going to stink.

Hopefully the other division is Lightheavyweight

Im betting on Lomachenko to join in... Mikey prolly not sadly

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Lightweight.

Burns
      Campbell
      Commey
      Linares
      Beltran
      Crolla
      Petrov

I don't see how they can put it together without at least one big name, without linares etc its going to stink.

Lomachenko would probably jump into that tournament with both feet. Best way to get these guys to stop ducking him.

Comment

burns went down to lightweight again?

Comment

If they can get easter, davis,campbell and Loma to join it'll be good but if its just linares and guys like crolla, burns, and beltran i would be a little disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            Lomachenko would probably jump into that tournament with both feet. Best way to get these guys to stop ducking him.
            That would be dope, and an easy huge payday for him too.

In an ideal world it would be:

Lomachenko
            Garcia
            Easter Jr
            Campbell
            Commey
            Verdejo
            Tank Davis
            Linares

would be ****ing insane. but the chances of that, is slim to none.
            According to the guy on boxnation they will actually have U.S tv deals this time, so more $ to secure better boxers.

Comment

That would be dope, and an easy huge payday for him too.

In an ideal world it would be:

Lomachenko
              Garcia
              Easter Jr
              Campbell
              Commey
              Verdejo
              Tank Davis
              Linares

would be ****ing insane. but the chances of that, is slim to none.
              According to the guy on boxnation they will actually have U.S tv deals this time, so more $ to secure better boxers.
              Yea they picked solid divisions for fights but without any marquee names to excite US TV. Its a shame. These networks could have probably got in on the cheap as the tournament start grew closer.

And no way in heck do Davis and Garcia get in on that. Both guys would want more control over their destinies.

Comment

Lightweight.

Burns
                Campbell
                Commey
                Linares
                Beltran
                Crolla
                Petrov

Mikey's not getting tied to it, and I doubt that Oscar lets Schaefer dictate anything to him, so there goes two; Arum will for sure not let any of his guys be a part of it.

Easter Jr (IBF champion), Yvan Mendy (WBC#1), Luke Campbell (WBC#2), Anthony Crolla, Commey/Luna winner (IBF mandatory), Ryan Martin (if he can even still make the weight; K2 has no grounds to block), Roman Martinez, Argenis Mendes.

Line the matchups up however you want, but you want to have one of the semis in the UK, with the other in the US (Campbell-Mendy, Crolla-Mendes, Easter Jr-IBF mandatory, Martinez-Martin as the first round fights; the two UK event winners fight each other, and the two US event winners fight each other)

Comment

I am not a big fan of tournaments. They seem to take forever to end and they tie boxers up. If the best fought the best no tournament would be needed. I think both Mikey and Loma beat all the boxers listed there so that tournament would not produce the real lightweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I am not a big fan of tournaments. They seem to take forever to end and they tie boxers up. If the best fought the best no tournament would be needed. I think both Mikey and Loma beat all the boxers listed there so that tournament would not produce the real lightweight champion.
                    huh? these tournaments are finished inside 1 year? When Haymon guy's are barely fighting one mismatch in that time....

In the next few weeks we have 4 elite undefeated world class Cruiser-weights facing off against each other. this tournament has been fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                    X