Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Floyd Mayweather Jr or Jack Dempsey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    Butkus completely changed the game. If you ever Boxed or played Football, you'd recognize the validity of the statement.

NYC certainly spammed the numbers, but Pittsburgh had as high an out-put, in terms of champions. Really, I'd love to know your source.

I don't even know if you know what you're talking about regarding Globalization and its consequence on Boxing. Do you mind restating it clearly? I get the impression this another one of your episodes of rambling in an attempt to be relevant to a conversation that has passed you by.
    I have no problem with citing Butkus as a football luminary, along with guys like Ditka... But to use race and assume that a top talent from football because of such would invalidate guys like Foreman is like Queenie and his worship of Wilt the Stilt.

Pittsburgh and Michigan (not Detroit exclusively) even San Francisco (Atell, Corbet, etc) all had exceptional talent. But New York was the epicenter for talent in the fight game...its not debatable and it has nothing to do with proportionate numbers, per capita, etc. It has to do with the establishments in the city, the access to the better trainers in the world at the time. You really should think twice arguing this point, it is fundamental and ties in to the next point.

Globalization right? A guy like Firpo, Canera, etc... they were few and far between right? Firpo was Argentinian and Argentenia would have been affected greatly by Brazil which had perhaps the most widespread professional combatives program in the world at the time. All forms of grappling, many forms of Vale Tudo (Anything goes)...just not much of a boxing program.

The point is, the world did not allow for clear and easy access to boxing, of any other sport, at that time. There were just not the amoung of people to develop the talent world wide... One can see why... even in this country there were parts like Louisiana where roads were only built through in the 1920's, or Los Angeles where highways supplanted local transit to build the eventual superhighways we call interstates now...

the rest of the world just did not have the resources to be as international as we are today. Boxing talent was concentrated in a few areas, the technologies we use to travel, the cost and time travel took, do I need to go on?

Today any athlete can look at a film on the internet. It is easy to go to other places... Again look at America! How long has it been since people became so uprooted, transatory?

I don't really know why I have to explain this to you at all... You can say some really silly things, and you can be a real blowhard...but your not truly a stupid individual. The point is that the world itself did not allow for the many different participants in boxing. And I do not think this participation makes fighters better, that is another issue entirely.

Comment

So how does my cum taste? Is it still your favorite?
      Is this what the History section is going to turn into under your watch, BattlingNelson?

Comment

A lot of professional Football players would.

It's not so easy as to say someone who excels at Football (or any sport) would excel in Boxing. But if you ever played Football at any competitive level and Boxed, you'd know the silliness of your comment regarding toughness and durability.
        You say the stupidest things... I mean blowhard you surpass yourself every time you come back from another vacation. Now it looks like you have football on the brain.

There is nothing silly about the difference between a fighter and an athlete. Every activity has its own unique challenges, only oafs like you try to say one exceeds the other. Here is why your comment is so thoughtless (literally).

Without a doubt a Rock climber who is at the top of the ranks is the most physically developed athlete. They are so strong, so fit that they can support their body weight on a finger... The proportionate strength is off the charts. The mental discipline? Well many of them die trying to exceed the max attainable by a few more points... these guys are tough, strong and unprecedented.

Yet how would that make them excel in boxing idiot? Its a different mindset entirely. I did a rare form of Yoga and I once trained a really high level Sikh practicioner. he could control things with his body and mind that were incredible... he told me that he envied me because he was terrified of fighting someone, like I was doing a lot of back then. It had nothing to do with me... He was just not into violently engaging another individual in a controlled environment, it terrified him.

And for years in football they tried to recruit sprinters for Wide receiver positions... Seldom ever could one of these guys hold a football, much less when hit.

Team sports require a different mindset entirely and maybe you should tape that to your forehead before you go away on your next vacation which will mercifully be real soon. What an idiot you are!
        Last edited by billeau2; 08-09-2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

At first she was jealous when she found put about you. But now she's over it.

She did ask that you stop leaving your panties in my truck, though.

Shoulder's already upset with how much of this nonsense has taken over the thread. I'll not respond to you until you can put on your big boy pants again.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            I have no problem with citing Butkus as a football luminary, along with guys like Ditka... But to use race and assume that a top talent from football because of such would invalidate guys like Foreman is like Queenie and his worship of Wilt the Stilt.

Pittsburgh and Michigan (not Detroit exclusively) even San Francisco (Atell, Corbet, etc) all had exceptional talent. But New York was the epicenter for talent in the fight game...its not debatable and it has nothing to do with proportionate numbers, per capita, etc. It has to do with the establishments in the city, the access to the better trainers in the world at the time. You really should think twice arguing this point, it is fundamental and ties in to the next point.

Globalization right? A guy like Firpo, Canera, etc... they were few and far between right? Firpo was Argentinian and Argentenia would have been affected greatly by Brazil which had perhaps the most widespread professional combatives program in the world at the time. All forms of grappling, many forms of Vale Tudo (Anything goes)...just not much of a boxing program.

The point is, the world did not allow for clear and easy access to boxing, of any other sport, at that time. There were just not the amoung of people to develop the talent world wide... One can see why... even in this country there were parts like Louisiana where roads were only built through in the 1920's, or Los Angeles where highways supplanted local transit to build the eventual superhighways we call interstates now...

the rest of the world just did not have the resources to be as international as we are today. Boxing talent was concentrated in a few areas, the technologies we use to travel, the cost and time travel took, do I need to go on?

Today any athlete can look at a film on the internet. It is easy to go to other places... Again look at America! How long has it been since people became so uprooted, transatory?

I don't really know why I have to explain this to you at all... You can say some really silly things, and you can be a real blowhard...but your not truly a stupid individual. The point is that the world itself did not allow for the many different participants in boxing. And I do not think this participation makes fighters better, that is another issue entirely.
            It's amazing they allow you out of your straight-jacket long enough to type all that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Is this what the History section is going to turn into under your watch, BattlingNelson?
              I do his work for him, chasing off the Nutjobs

You say the stupidest things... I mean blowhard you surpass yourself every time you come back from another vacation. Now it looks like you have football on the brain.

There is nothing silly about the difference between a fighter and an athlete. Every activity has its own unique challenges, only oafs like you try to say one exceeds the other. Here is why your comment is so thoughtless (literally).

Without a doubt a Rock climber who is at the top of the ranks is the most physically developed athlete. They are so strong, so fit that they can support their body weight on a finger... The proportionate strength is off the charts. The mental discipline? Well many of them die trying to exceed the max attainable by a few more points... these guys are tough, strong and unprecedented.

Yet how would that make them excel in boxing idiot? Its a different mindset entirely. I did a rare form of Yoga and I once trained a really high level Sikh practicioner. he could control things with his body and mind that were incredible... he told me that he envied me because he was terrified of fighting someone, like I was doing a lot of back then. It had nothing to do with me... He was just not into violently engaging another individual in a controlled environment, it terrified him.

And for years in football they tried to recruit sprinters for Wide receiver positions... Seldom ever could one of these guys hold a football, much less when hit.

Team sports require a different mindset entirely and maybe you should tape that to your forehead before you go away on your next vacation which will mercifully be real soon. What an idiot you are!
              So the pajama parties weren't weird enough for you, you had to make it even weirder!?

What did this Sikh guy say when he heard you punched Bubble Boy's bubble? Was he impressed by you then, George?

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              I'll not respond to you until you can put on your big boy pants again.
              Thanks, Spazzo.

Comment

I do his work for him, chasing off the Nutjobs

So the pajama parties weren't weird enough for you, you had to make it even weirder!?

What did this Sikh guy say when he heard you punched Bubble Boy's bubble? Was he impressed by you then, George?

Thanks, Spazzo.
                Poor Rusty does not even know who his friends are... Rusty judging by your postings I might be your best friend. Your Freudian Super Ego... I let you know when you are posting BS. Your welcome. I don't let you get away with some of the most ridiculous things you say... I am a g***** Rusty babes... Im not calling for your head, only that you control that grey thing inside of it. Again you are welcome.

Comment

It's amazing they allow you out of your straight-jacket long enough to type all that.
                  You got me confuses with Queeny pops. Queeny quite obviously smears feces on walls until it looks perfectly like wilt the stilt... he has an excuse, it is called dementia. What is your excuse?

Comment

You got me confuses with Queeny pops. Queeny quite obviously smears feces on walls until it looks perfectly like wilt the stilt... he has an excuse, it is called dementia. What is your excuse?
                    So you really believe the talent pool for Boxing has improved since Louisiana get roads?

For what it's worth that is an interesting diversion. Very good fighters have come from Louisiana. But virtually all from when it was undeveloped.

Most note worthy of all would be Tony Canzoneri.

Globalization may not improve lives, per se, but the modernity it brings isn't conducive to the discipline and tolerance for violence required by Boxing.

Ireland is a perfect example of this. I'm not sure of any country whose fortunes have changed so drastically in the past 200 years, even Saudia Arabia and Co.

Globalization is not the argument you guys want to make. Not that you're really making an argument. You guys just seem to have found a topic to rant about and went with it.

Comment

So you really believe the talent pool for Boxing has improved since Louisiana get roads?

For what it's worth that is an interesting diversion. Very good fighters have come from Louisiana. But virtually all from when it was undeveloped.

Most note worthy of all would be Tony Canzoneri.

Globalization may not improve lives, per se, but the modernity it brings isn't conducive to the discipline and tolerance for violence required by Boxing.

Ireland is a perfect example of this. I'm not sure of any country whose fortunes have changed so drastically in the past 200 years, even Saudia Arabia and Co.

Globalization is not the argument you guys want to make. Not that you're really making an argument. You guys just seem to have found a topic to rant about and went with it.
                      I never said that and No I do not... Read the posts. I said I would not comment on the level of talent.

You must have me confused my view is definitely NOT that more globalization has increased the talent pool. I believe the contrary to be true... we have more people in, perhaps more athletes even, but less fighters exist now (agree about conditions breeding such men) less men able to teach the skills, less commitment to learning the skills, etc. And thats not even considering that there are more fight sports for the few fighters that are old school.

Comment

Working...
                      X