No announcement yet.

CBS Picks Its New 'Magnum P.I.'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] CBS Picks Its New 'Magnum P.I.'

CBS has selected the potential heir to Tom Selleck's treasure trove of open-buttoned Hawaiian shirts.

The network tapped Jay Hernandez to play the title role in its reboot of Magnum P.I., one of several remakes the network is considering for the 2018-19 TV season. Hernandez will don the Detroit Tigers ball cap and (ideally) the mustache made famous by Selleck over seven seasons of playing Thomas Magnum — described for this update as a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator.

The pilot will be set in Hawaii, with CBS remake king Peter Lenkov (Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver) writing and executive producing alongside Eric Guggenheim and action director Justin Lin at the helm.

For Hernandez, it marks his first series regular role since shortlived Fox drama Gang Related. He recently completed a guest arc on Scandal and has appeared in such features as Suicide Squad, Bad Moms and Netflix's Bright.

The project is being produced by CBS Television Studios and Universal Television.

Hernandez is repped by ICM Partners, Alchemy Entertainment and Fuller Law.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cb...-pi/ar-BBJnFyj

This is great news.

Does anybody know if the pilot's going to be shown in theatres? Oh man I hope so, if it is I'm going fully decked out in a Mariachi suit.

Comment

He needs to grow a nice ‘stache

Comment

how come I thought dude died jay hernandez

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          He needs to grow a nice ‘stache

His stache has potential, this is the fullest I've ever seen it though.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            how come I thought dude died jay hernandez
            You're thinking of the Carlito's Way remake. He died at the end of that movie I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
              His stache has potential, this is the fullest I've ever seen it though.

Not bad.

When he hits puberty, he can claim to be Tom's grandbaby.

Comment

You can never replace Tom Smellneck. I say just bring back the whole original cast...that would be an interesting show.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post

CBS has selected the potential heir to Tom Selleck's treasure trove of open-buttoned Hawaiian shirts.

The network tapped Jay Hernandez to play the title role in its reboot of Magnum P.I., one of several remakes the network is considering for the 2018-19 TV season. Hernandez will don the Detroit Tigers ball cap and (ideally) the mustache made famous by Selleck over seven seasons of playing Thomas Magnum — described for this update as a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator.

The pilot will be set in Hawaii, with CBS remake king Peter Lenkov (Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver) writing and executive producing alongside Eric Guggenheim and action director Justin Lin at the helm.

For Hernandez, it marks his first series regular role since shortlived Fox drama Gang Related. He recently completed a guest arc on Scandal and has appeared in such features as Suicide Squad, Bad Moms and Netflix's Bright.

The project is being produced by CBS Television Studios and Universal Television.

Hernandez is repped by ICM Partners, Alchemy Entertainment and Fuller Law.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cb...-pi/ar-BBJnFyj
                  lol really? Guess they're finally starting to respond to all the Latino groups that have been staging protests recently. Jay hasn't really found an audience after all these years but they probably couldn't find someone more suitable through their "diversity casting" calls. Mario Lopez is probably regretting taking the gig on Extra at this point.

Comment

Who the hell wants to watch a Magnum PI reboot? CBS STAYS pandering to people 55+ years old...

Comment

Working...
                    X