Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Floyd going to 160 to face Canleo/GGG winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
    You're right it's a silly question.

Floyd is done after this next fight. People need to learn to let him go away. Stop mentioning him as a boxer already, we might still get to see him in promotional stuff but damn just ****ing stop with trying to match him with anybody anymore. It's pointless, let him have whatever legacy you think he has and move on to the next guy you hate/idolize.
    Exactly! Why aren't people calling for the recently retired Bradley to fight Thurman, Spence, Porter, or Crawford? Floyd is 40 and retired, he came back for a cash grab that any old retired fighter would have taken. Floyd is 40 and people were calling him a coward for retiring because he was avoiding the young fighters but Bradley at 33 gets all this praise for retiring early.

Comment

I mean money is a huge f#cking motivator to do a lot of things unplanned. So I think its more of a possibility then most would say or even Floyd would probably say now or on Aug. 27, but I think another $100M+ payday is something Floyd would for sure consider regardless if he openly considered it or not.

Comment

I've always thought this will happen... Provided Floyd wins, of course. If Conor puts his lights out, then I think he'll probably just retire unless he just doesn't want to retire on a loss.

Comment

no, it's Conor, Brock Lesnar then pantomime...in that order

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
            You're right it's a silly question.

Floyd is done after this next fight. People need to learn to let him go away. Stop mentioning him as a boxer already, we might still get to see him in promotional stuff but damn just ****ing stop with trying to match him with anybody anymore. It's pointless, let him have whatever legacy you think he has and move on to the next guy you hate/idolize.
            Best answer. Greened!

Comment

...and the cow jumped over the moon.

Comment

I'm a huge Floyd fan but I think he should fight Canelo again, but only if Gingerman can get past 97G. Would definitely be another easy 100 million for him. a lot of morons believe that too "green ****" and all the other bull**** excuses Oscar has been making for the embarrassing defeat Canelo suffered to Floyd.

Comment

I think this is going to be the final fight, but he may consider Canelo just because of the money aspect. It's the only fight that could bring him another $150-200 million so I think he will consider it. The GGG fight won't happen because he's just nowhere near as big of a draw or as well known as Canelo. Like it or not Mayweather has earned the right to pick his opponents and GGG makes no business sense. I don't want to see it though, first fight was so easy! I can see a rematch being more competitive but the first fight was a total domination.
                  Last edited by JK1700; 08-09-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

floyds been boxing for more than 20 years and yet you still havent caught on......he wouldnt even fight canelo at 154 when they were both champs but now hes moving up to 160 to take on him or the guy who beat him? we need better mental health care in this world

Comment

Nah, he wouldn't do it. He's only cashing in with Connor because it's easy work and will get this 50-0 victory.

Comment

Working...
                      X