No announcement yet.

Cain Velasquez hurt again, Hunt vs Werdum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cain Velasquez hurt again, Hunt vs Werdum

Cain is out for UFC 180 in Mexico City so it is Hunt vs Werdum for the interim heavyweight title

Pride never dies mang, my boy Hunt for the title gets me all fuzzy inside, lol

And damn man what's up with fragile ass Cain?

He's only fought 2 different guys in 4 years and was the major reason and ticket seller for UFC 180 and the main reason it was in Mexico and sold out in 8 hours

Damn he's not going to win many fans like that

damn it!! i like hunts chances on the feet but on the ground he get submitted like he did against fedor. good replacement though hopefully they take it off of PPV

Comment

Quote:
      Cain Velasquez was planning on fighting Fabricio Werdum with a slightly torn meniscus in his right knee, but after spraining his MCL in the same knee late last week, he was forced to pull out of the fight.

According to Javier Mendez, Velasquez's coach at the American Kickboxing Academy, Velasquez has been dealing with a torn meniscus for quite some time, however, he suffered the sprained MCL during a training session (sprawl drills) on Oct. 16 or 17 and that ended his dream of headlining a show in Mexico City (for now, of course).

Velasquez is scheduled to have surgery on his right knee on Thursday in San Jose, Calif. The surgery will fix the torn meniscus, while rehab will be needed for the sprained MCL.

According to UFC president Dana White, the promotion is hopeful the UFC heavyweight champion will be able to return to action by March, and Mendez, who said Velasquez was in "good spirits" all things considered, agreed with that timeline.

Comment

That's the sport of MMA now.

Comment

These fights always get cancelled because someone is always getting hurt in training camp! It's like you breathe a sign of relief when two big names just make it to the ****in weigh-ins.

Comment

I don't mind this. Sucks because Cain really wanted to fight in Mexico and they wasted a whole season of TUF.

Good because if Cain ran right through Werdum he would of already cleaned out the division in 3 defenses. This atleast buys some time for fresh blood to get into the mix. I like Stipe but I don't want him beating on my boy JDS!

I think Hunt will knock Werdum out just because Werdum isn't that great of a wrestler. He's more about trips and pulling guard which I think Hunt can avoid hopefully!

I know Cain will smash him but it would be cool for Hunt to get the interim title like Lil Nog did!

Comment

this sucks man. he would of mopped the floor with werdum. now we have to wait another year to see cain in action

Comment

^I believe it's been stated that they expect Cain to return next March.

Anyway Hunt has done very well so far against grapplers but he's not going to be able to fend off Werdum's BJJ when it hits the ground, and he might stuff a lot of takedowns but it's 4 rounds and Werdum is bound to take him down eventually.

Comment

Working...
                X