Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Easter called a cherry pick for Loma now when.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated haters will always trash the boxers they hate. No matter who those boxers fight they call it a cherry pick. Easter is a world champion and no world champion is a cherry pick.

Comment

There is literally nothing Easter could do with Lomachenko. He's never shown us the ability to beat a top level fighter. I'm still confused as to what any sort of hype is surrounding him.

Comment

the standards for loma are super high because he's #1 pound for pound.

Comment

I thought Easter would be a tough fight for Lomachenko because of his size but Easter showed us his ceiling since then. Easy fight for Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
            I'm still confused as to what any sort of hype is surrounding him.
            LOL interesting discussion to have here. I honestly don't f#cking know how Easter has gotten so much hype behind him. I mean he's no superstar of hype, but he's gotten a fair amount.

My guess would be cuz he's a tall glass of water in a lil guy division so stands out personally for that reason, but maybe the biggest thing he's got going for him beyond his skills, which we can dog him about vs other guys but he's still a high level talent in the game gift decisions or nah, is his relationship with Broner. His connection with Broner is maybe the first thing or at least among the first things I think about when I think about Easter.

Comment

I don't think Easter would be able to handle Loma at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                LOL interesting discussion to have here. I honestly don't f#cking know how Easter has gotten so much hype behind him. I mean he's no superstar of hype, but he's gotten a fair amount.

My guess would be cuz he's a tall glass of water in a lil guy division so stands out personally for that reason, but maybe the biggest thing he's got going for him beyond his skills, which we can dog him about vs other guys but he's still a high level talent in the game gift decisions or nah, is his relationship with Broner. His connection with Broner is maybe the first thing or at least among the first things I think about when I think about Easter.
                I assume it has to do with his physical advantages on paper as well. But he literally has no clue how to use his length. His ability to measure distance is terrible. He constantly smothers himself. He showed us in his last fight that he can't cut off a ring. He's shown me thus far that he's a C+/B- fighter.

Yet he's constantly being named among the Linares', Mikey's, Loma's, etc. He has shown us nothing that even implies he'd have a chance against those guys. Hell, if Tank Davis moved up to 135, I'd favor him against Easter

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                  I assume it has to do with his physical advantages on paper as well. But he literally has no clue how to use his length. His ability to measure distance is terrible. He constantly smothers himself. He showed us in his last fight that he can't cut off a ring. He's shown me thus far that he's a C+/B- fighter.
                  Yea he's got some big holes in his game.

And as a fan of tall guys in their division I couldn't be more confused why more of these types of guys don't use their height more. Makes no sense.

Fair play if being tall isn't as big an advantage with the quick pace in the amater game, but being tall can be a huge advantage when you got much more time on your side with 36 minutes + a bigger ring so you should be working on that upon turning pro.

Yet he's constantly being named among the Linares', Mikey's, Loma's, etc. He has shown us nothing that even implies he'd have a chance against those guys. Hell, if Tank Davis moved up to 135, I'd favor him against Easter
                  Yea I don't favor him to beat anyone mentioned. Tank KO's him I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Yea he's got some big holes in his game.

And as a fan of tall guys in their division I couldn't be more confused why more of these types of guys don't use their height more. Makes no sense.

Fair play if being tall isn't as big an advantage with the quick pace in the amater game, but being tall can be a huge advantage when you got much more time on your side with 36 minutes + a bigger ring so you should be working on that upon turning pro.

Yea I don't favor him to beat anyone mentioned. Tank KO's him I think.
                    I couldn't agree with you more. That tells me either his boxing IQ is super low, or the coaching around him sucks.... or both.

Comment

Robbie Barrett is a buffoon and a troll. Don't take what he says seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X