Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward couldn't even stop Allen Green

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah most people don't really think Ward can stop him. 0 votes for Ward by KO in my pick 'em thread tells the real story.

Comment

Dre about to ruin another euro.

Comment

you are forgetting that killer body work, those body shots were making sergey grunt doe.....

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          I don't think Ward's gonna stop Kov, or make him quit like another poster said, but I think he could make him quit in the sense of being too tired, and not trying to compete as hard after he gets his body stabbed with the jab, over and over. Also, Ward already proved he's the stronger fighter in the clinch, and wore him out with the inside grappling, and body shots.
          Is that really boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            but apparantly when it comes to body shots he suddenly generates huge power.
            Well placed/timed body shots don't need a huge amount of power to be effective...especially if the opponent doesn't have the best conditioning. Ward aint stopping kovalev tho.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Is that really boxing?
              Yes. He imposed his will on him.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                Yes. He imposed his will on him.
                No, I mean clinching.

I knew it was ok in grappling sport or judo, how is it a nice boxing move?

Does it mean has been good at cheating?

Comment

The only thing that's going to beat Kovalev tonight is Kovalev. I think Ward is mentally sharper. Kovalev can definitely win with power and skills but Ward is crafty. Hopefully the judges will watch and honestly judge the fight tonight. Should be an interesting chess game.

Comment

Working...
                  X