No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Garcia, Mayweather, Usyk, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    To be fair Canelo and Charlo are almost 10 years younger than GGG and weren't even in the same weight class. So I dont know how they could of ducked a prime GGG?? And the MW division was dog sht back then. Grand Tureno, Kurbsidze, Blanco, And Heiland were number 1's.

GGG is the one who said "anyone from 154-168" gets it and yet he stayed at 160 even though their were no real fights...
    Canelo first asked for a voluntary defence then gave up the WBC belt to avoid fighting a prime - or close to prime - GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Canelo first asked for a voluntary defence then gave up the WBC belt to avoid fighting a prime - or close to prime - GGG.
      He had a trial that same week. And they wanted more than just money they wanted him back.

In the end they fought like 16 months later. Its not Canelo fault he was born 10 year later almost. He could of fought Ward in his prime but didnt want that work.

Tell you what Ill admit Pednelo ducked GGG if you admit GGG ducked Ward.

Comment

He had a trial that same week. And they wanted more than just money they wanted him back.

In the end they fought like 16 months later. Its not Canelo fault he was born 10 year later almost. He could of fought Ward in his prime but didnt want that work.

Tell you what Ill admit Pednelo ducked GGG if you admit GGG ducked Ward.
        That's bullshit .. even Oscar and Canelo never used the trial as an excuse for Canelo giving up his belt!

What happened to .. "I'm relinquishing my belt becaiuse I'm being put under pressure to negotiate and I won't be dictated to by anybody"

What happened to .. "I relinquished my belt because the WBC are corrupt and I want to make a stand against corruption"

You must be as coked up as Oscar to accept all the ridiculous excuses he came up with on Canelo's behalf!

The truth is, the trial date had been put on hold because of Canelo's boxing commitments. He relinquished his belt and informed the court that he wa free to attend and get it settled.

Comment

That's bullshit .. even Oscar and Canelo never used the trial as an excuse for Canelo giving up his belt!

What happened to .. "I'm relinquishing my belt becaiuse I'm being put under pressure to negotiate and I won't be dictated to by anybody"

What happened to .. "I relinquished my belt because the WBC are corrupt and I want to make a stand against corruption"

You must be as coked up as Oscar to accept all the ridiculous excuses he came up with on Canelo's behalf!

The truth is, the trial date had been put on hold because of Canelo's boxing commitments. He relinquished his belt and informed the court that he wa free to attend and get it settled.
          End of the day they fought. And both GGG and Abel said if Canelo stands he gets KTFO! Not only did Canelo stand but he kept backing GGG up. And its official. Canelo beat GGG. And no amount of crying is going to change that. But go ahead cry your ass off to the fairy gods and they might just might change that loss.

Im glad you support a POOR sport who ran out of the ring CRYING like a like a lil BI@TCH! I LOVE watching that sht in slow motion is soo funny.

Abel Sanchez had NO problem with Canelo getting the win.

Guys who believe they win dont run crying.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Great mailbag as always. Dougie's is enjoyable but this is more informative by a mile.

I see that Bread has Jermall on his p4p list but then he says later that he sees Jermall strugglig against someone who can take his physicality. He also says he gives more props to known vada testers but does Jermall test? Many point the fingers at the Charlos because they seem to be over-wired.

Also first time I have seen someone say that AJ may process slowly and that Wilder processes quicker. VERY interesting. Makes me wonder if that is why he struggled against Parker and to some extent Takam. I'm keeping a mental note of that going forward watching both Wilder and AJ fights
            I'm hoping we never have to even think about AJ vs Wilder again after December 1st

But I disagree strongly with what that questioner said about Wilder showing more heart against Ortiz than AJ showed against Wlad.

Wilder survived and came back to win because Ortiz was completely gassed and spent after the 7th round and could no longer do anything to hurt him.

Despite being given extra time to recover by the doc after the 7th, Wilder looked like a beaten man in the 8th. He did nothing for the whole round exept cover up and stumble round the ring with Ortiz flapping and flailing at him like a drunk woman, lol.

It looked to my like Wilder had mentally quit at that poiint and he only started fighting back when he realised Ortiz had nothing left whatsoever.
            Last edited by kafkod; 11-17-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

End of the day they fought. And both GGG and Abel said if Canelo stands he gets KTFO! Not only did Canelo stand but he kept backing GGG up. And its official. Canelo beat GGG. And no amount of crying is going to change that. But go ahead cry your ass off to the fairy gods and they might just might change that loss.

Im glad you support a POOR sport who ran out of the ring CRYING like a like a lil BI@TCH! I LOVE watching that sht in slow motion is soo funny.

Abel Sanchez had NO problem with Canelo getting the win.

Guys who believe they win dont run crying.

Comment

Sal Sanchez whips Loma! Flip a coin my azz

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  i dont see the logic having canelo so high and ggg not on your p4p list, i know ggg is fading but he arguably won both fights vs canelo, shows he is still at very top level of the sport

but great Q and A as always

I thought that was strange too .. because Bread says here that he thought GGG won the first fight and should have got a draw in the rematch.

that is because G is ducking Charlo

you can't have a ducker on your P4P list

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    that is because G is ducking Charlo

you can't have a ducker on your P4P list
                    Speaking of that fight how come the WBC hasnt said for the fight to go to purse bid???

Comment

I stopped reading when they picked robinson to beat roy at middleweight but lose to leonard at welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X