No announcement yet.

Froch v Groenewald

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like an early stoppage for me.

Funny to listen to Groenewald. Hennessy really taught him a lesson in fighting away from home lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Daigo View Post
      Why are you ignoring his history of corruption/bad calls?
      OK. If you say so.
      BBBofC: Howard Foster is a world-class professional.

Originally posted by Daigo View Post
      So it is okay for Froch to have fixed fights in his favour including
      a crooked referee as long as he is betting on himself?!?!?!?!? Please tell me you typed that wrong
      (If we omit the words “fixed” and “crooked”)
      it’s not uncommon a superior fighter prolongs a bout now and then, because he wants to go some more rounds.

And if Froch did so, and managed to win in the round he had bet on, there’s no reason to feel sorry for the betting companies if they been scr*wed of a pound or two.
      They don’t give a sh *t of ordinary people addicted to gambling that has been ruined by them.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Looks like an early stoppage for me.

Funny to listen to Groenewald. Hennessy really taught him a lesson in fighting away from home lol.
        ^^^^^ This

Comment

Stoppage was a bit early but tbh Groenewald was fighting stupid and literally blocking punches with his face, it was macho but he was only going to get ground out within a round or two anyway

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
            ... Froch was beating Ruben to the pulp...

Comment

In case it's not clear, the issue is that you've got Groenewald casting aspersions towards Froch's team. Extrapolating from what little I know about fixing, it can be the case that the boxers themselves are not 'in on it', so to speak, and so you might say that it seems likely that IF there is something fishy going on here, Froch was not aware of it. Except... Froch has stupidly opened his mouth and talked about his friends & family betting on the 5th, which, together with the controversial stoppage, and Groenewald's video, detracts somewhat from the legitimacy of the win

NB: I think Groenewald would have got beaten anyway. And fighting away is always dodgy, even in the amateurs

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                Stoppage was a bit early but tbh Groenewald was fighting stupid and literally blocking punches with his face, it was macho but he was only going to get ground out within a round or two anyway
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                X