Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Listen To Current Music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always been into metal but since I stopped playing in bands I'm not as up to date on the latest stuff and as metal & hardcore isn't socially acceptable, I don't read about the latest albums in the paper or see adverts on the telly

Give me some meshuggah, ion dissonance or candiria over any current pop crap

Comment

No, 2007 was the last year I really listened to the mainstream music. Nearly all of the good music that's out these days are made by small bands and singers.

Comment

Nah, I listen to a lot of soul, 80s, rock, and a little metal.

Modern pop music doesn't do it for me, although sometimes I'll hear a melody I like. I am 26 and am in the same place as you are. I think at this point we've pretty much figured out what we like and don't like.

I've got about 15,000 songs on my Ipod. I don't need to search for more at the moment.

Comment

i discovered this from breaking bad season 5

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Nah, I listen to a lot of soul, 80s, rock, and a little metal.

Modern pop music doesn't do it for me, although sometimes I'll hear a melody I like. I am 26 and am in the same place as you are. I think at this point we've pretty much figured out what we like and don't like.

I've got about 15,000 songs on my Ipod. I don't need to search for more at the moment.
            did you buy all those songs on your ipod

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
              I was just thinking, and realized I haven't paid attention to current music in years. Probably 4 years now actually.

Has music really gotten that *****y? I'm only 24. It's not like I'm an old timer fully set in my ways.
              I'm the same way. Maybe about 5 years now. I'm 23. I do think there's a lot of ****ty music now. I listen to what I had before I stopped caring for new music, though I do care for a song once in a while. I listen to new-to-me music from different times, a good amount of oldies, some new found interest in rock bands(no hard rock or metal).

Comment

Only good music,not mainstream shit

Comment

The only album in the last 18 months that I've actually sat and listened to the whole thing would be Nas' Life is Good.

Like 'paulf' said above, I have thousands of songs on my ipod from some of my favourite artists that I haven't even got round to listening to yet. I'd rather focus on that than listen to some of the new **** that's around.

Comment

Not really. I stll know most of the songs in the charts, but only because I hear them on a night out or at partys, I couldn't name most of them. It just seems to me that most of the songs in the mainstream could be recorded by any of todays big artists, they all sound the same and have about as much lyrical depth as a puddle. Hip-hop inparticular is on its arse, even the greats like Jay-Z, and Snoop are embarrasingly passed their best. The fact that Lil Wayne, Kanye, and Drake are all raated amongst the best MCs just shows how bad things are. The current mainstream hip-hop scene kinda of reminds me of rock music in the late 70s, back then rock had become bloated, self indulgent and completely disconected from its audience, then punk came along and gave everybody the kick in the balls that was needed. They're some great young rappers out there who deserve to be heard but I can't see things changing anytime soon.

Having said that I like what I hear from Lana Del Ray, its a little depressing and I have to be in a certein mood but her lyrics are cool.

The Gaslight Anthem are great band, as are the likes of Rival Sons, and Airbourne, but they're not really mainstream.

Comment

Working...
                    X