Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the lineal HW champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that think Fury is still the lineal champ, how do the failed tests factor into it?

Comment

• I guess Fury is technically.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        For those that think Fury is still the lineal champ, how do the failed tests factor into it?
        They don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accolade View Post
          They don't.
          Shouldn't they? You test positive for something, and your entire career should be thrown into question.

Comment

For those that think Fury is still the lineal champ, how do the failed tests factor into it?
            Don't factor into it at all. Lineal is supposed to remove all of the politics. Either you beat the man who beat the man or you didn't.

If he failed a test against Klitschko and the result was changed to a DQ or a no decision, then of course he wouldn't be lineal champion because he'd no longer be the man who beat the man.

But a failure from a different fight is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              when was Pacquiao ever the lineal welterweight champ ?

look, this is just a silly argument to me

Fury.....
              1) held all 4 recognized titles
              2) was never beaten
              3) only retired in the minds of people who wanted him gone lol
              4) will be in action this month

he is not one of the two best heavyweights on the planet, and may not even be the 3rd best heavyweight on the planet..... proving that lineage is highly overrated

my bottom line on this is..... really, who cares ?

NOBODY else could possibly lay claim to being undisputed, or lineal..... Wilder/Joshua need to fight in order to determine that

who cares what Fury is until he fights/beats one of them ?

Has anyone pointed out to you that he never held the WBC yet? also how was klitschko the man he never had all four recognised titles and who did he beat that goes all the way back down the lineage?

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Don't factor into it at all. Lineal is supposed to remove all of the politics. Either you beat the man who beat the man or you didn't.

If he failed a test against Klitschko and the result was changed to a DQ or a no decision, then of course he wouldn't be lineal champion because he'd no longer be the man who beat the man.

But a failure from a different fight is irrelevant.
                Fair enough. I've been struggling with whether or not I still consider Fury lineal, and this post has helped erase any doubts I had. Thanks.

Comment

Fair enough. I've been struggling with whether or not I still consider Fury lineal, and this post has helped erase any doubts I had. Thanks.
                  I'm with you. When Fury was tweeting the he's retired, no he's joking, no he's not joking, yes he is joking, etc, I was inclined to consider the title vacant. But with #1 never fighting #2 in that time, and with Fury back and active in less time than previous lineal champions, I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt to not breaking the lineage. Breaking the heavyweight lineage should be avoided at all costs.

Comment

• When wlad beat Chagaev how was he the consensus no.2 in the division? just because ring mag says so? vitali was clearly better than chagaev

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
                      When wlad beat Chagaev how was he the consensus no.2 in the division?
                      No he wasn't. The Klitschko brothers were the consensus 1 and 2. Chagaev was 3. I personally didn't recognize Klitschko vs Chagaev as a legitimate lineal title fight, but my personal opinion doesn't matter if the rest of society decides to go along with the ruse.

Comment

Working...
                      X