Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: Benavidez is Possible, Eubank Jr. May Get His Wish!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
    Unfortunately James doesn't actually have that many options. Eubank Jr is one, Groves / Smith winner is the other. If Groves wins that then I don't think the Degale fight happens because George will want (and will deserve) a much higher split. Without that belt Degale doesn't have much of a bargaining chip there and will have to take a very small cut, which he won't because of his ego.

Eubank is his best option for a big payday and a winnable fight. He is past his best though and is pretty easily outworked, so much so that clumbsy old Eubank might even beat him.
    You are right. I actually think he beats Degale. He will outwork him and out tough him. Degale can’t punch for sh#t and the way he enjoys backing up to the ropes will suit Eubanks style.

Comment

Degale deserves a big money fight, hes fought the best and had a lot of wars in the process.
      He may come across as arrogant but hes done it the hard way

Comment

Pretty wierd to drop the ibf then go after benavidez... not extactly a money fight and a unification would have trumped the mandatory he didn’t wanna fight..doubt the benavidez fight happens...
        Eubanks would probably be a big money fight in the uk so my bet is that fight happens, especially after the way groves dismantled him

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          Degale deserves a big money fight, hes fought the best and had a lot of wars in the process.
          ... yes... Uzcategui wasn't a "big money fight" (not to mention the danger of him becoming irrelevant in case of a loss)...

... Eubank Jr. would represent a big money fight in the U.K...

Comment

Eubank Jr. is probably the best fight for financial reasons! If DeGale was to fight Benavidez, it wouldn't be much difference fighting Uzcategui!

Comment

Degeal not going anywhere near Benavidez, he throws Eubanks a beating.. Benavidez probably end up having to deal with uzcategui in a very tough fight

Comment

DeGale is like a WHORE trying to sell her virginity to the highest bidder.

Comment

Benavidez would kill him inside 6 and Eubank has to much in the tank for a well faded fighter who takes punishment like degale does

Comment

Definitely not impressed that he brushed off Uzcategui if he's not even in negotiations to fight someone else yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                      I've been thinking about this kind of sentiment, and after taking a closer look at his record, is this honestly true? Yes, he had a very hard fight against Jack, which is fair enough, but his other hard fights were a slightly suspect decision win over a faded Andre Dirrell and an exposed Lucian Bute. Before those fights the only notable names he's fought are Groves and Paul Smith, the rest of the guys he fought were people you'd struggle to pick out of a crowd. I don't get this narrative that he's had a really hard and competitive career like he's Carl Froch or something, because that's not how it looks to me. The fact that he's turned in two tepid performances against a borderline gatekeeper fighter in the form of Truax really throws water on his record as well. His record's definitely not good enough to earn him a pass for ducking Uzcategui or to ignore the arrogant, goony stuff he comes out with.

Comment

Working...
                      X