Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people on welfare after a certain time have their voting right revoked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal rental assistance programs support work by enabling low-income households to live in stable homes and freeing up income to meet the additional costs of working, such as transportation to jobs. Nearly 90 percent of the more than 4.6 million households that receive rental assistance through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) are elderly, disabled, working (or worked recently), or likely had access to work programs under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. The typical working household receiving federal rental assistance is a family with two school-age children and a parent who works at a job that does not pay enough to cover the market rent for a modest apartment. Only a small share of non-elderly, non-disabled adults receiving assistance are persistently unemployed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      So who pays for housing assistance?

You make this claim of $6 and are dead set on that being the total cost, but you aren’t backing it up.

What’s the breakdown?
      Those are just the facts, sir.

You make up claims, without any proof. I did back it up. Click on the link and you can see for yourself. It goes into more detail and tells you where they get these numbers from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Somebody has to pay property taxes, that’s taking money away from the government if no one pays..

If no one is paying, then how is their schools funded, who is paying for the schools, teachers, pensions, etc?
        So you really have no idea what clue what anything costs, you just don't believe the facts, because Fox News doesn't say.

Why do you think Republicans and Fox never give you actual numbers? It is because so little is spent on social welfare programs.

I'm done schooling you for today. If you are really interested in these things, you can do some research yourself. It honestly isn't that hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          Those are just the facts, sir.

You make up claims, without any proof. I did back it up. Click on the link and you can see for yourself. It goes into more detail and tells you where they get these numbers from.
          I made no claims.

Go qoute my claims?

You claim $6 covers everything, and haven’t backed it up.

But please qoute my claims, and qoute your $6 breakdown, I missed it

Comment

• Yes unless you got skin in the game you should have no say.

Comment

• It's very sad that so many are duped by right wing media. When I hear the lies and distortions of reality that is spewed everyday from the right I wonder how these very unethical people can sleep at night. It's one thing to be slanted left but quite another to out and out lie. The liars are the right wing media.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                It's very sad that so many are duped by right wing media. When I hear the lies and distortions of reality that is spewed everyday from the right I wonder how these very unethical people can sleep at night. It's one thing to be slanted left but quite another to out and out lie. The liars are the right wing media.
                Odd perspective considering the liberal media has been caught in so many lies in the last few years that it would take a team of bookkeepers to tally them all up. ABC just got caught telling a whopper of a lie about Manafort. Meanwhile, none of them appear all that outraged over Peter Fonda's pedo-support, but quickly came down on Rosanne.

Comment

• Trust me...just about everything you hear on right wing entertainment news is BS. They portray a alternative reality meant to appease a specific clientele. It's not anything close to journalism or news. It's entertainment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                    It does cover all of that.

“In 2012, the average American taxpayer making $50,000 per year paid just $36 towards the food stamps program...And when it comes to funding the rest of America's social safety net programs, the average American taxpayer making $50,000 a year pays just over six dollars a year...
                    But we are paying a lot for the billions of dollars the U.S. government gives to corporate America each year."

The average American family pays a staggeringLinks to an external site. $6,000 a year in subsidies to Republican-friendly big business... So where does some of that $6,000 that you and I are paying every year actually go?
                    For starters, $870 of it goes to direct subsidies and grants for corporations.
                    This includes money for subsidies to Big Oil companies that are polluting our skies and fueling climate change and global warming. Compare that to the $36 you and I pay for food stamps a year.
                    An additional $870 goes to corporate tax subsidies.
                    The Tax Foundation has found that the "special tax provisions" of corporations cost taxpayers over $100 billion per year, or roughly $870 per family."

https://truthout.org/articles/food-s...elfare-is-not/

It isn't that difficult to comprehend. I know Fox News and Republicans make you think it is much more. That is why they never give you the actual numbers though. Because a family making $50,000 a year pays $6 a year for housing, heating, phones, child care, school lunches and TANF.

Do you have any sources, or just, well, Republicans act like it is a lot more?

So remember your claim of only $6

Who is covering the 500 million a year here? Taxpayers.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=786011

And that’s just 1, there are dozens and dozens like it

Comment

Working...
                    X