Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Abel Sanchez Going to Earn $2M in his Next Six Fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Abel Sanchez Going to Earn $2M in his Next Six Fights?

While GGG's offer of 2% was a lowball offer, one has to ask--where is Abel Sanchez going to find more than that elsewhere? In order for Sanchez to earn $2M in the next 6 fights he works, he will need a fighter who is earning at about $3.5M per fight @ 10%. How many fighters who are worth $3.5M per fight right now are banging on Abel's door?

Nowhere.... f#ck him anyways. He was the ine talking all that trash abt GGG fighting and beating everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      While GGG's offer of 2% was a lowball offer, one has to ask--where is Abel Sanchez going to find more than that elsewhere? In order for Sanchez to earn $2M in the next 6 fights he works, he will need a fighter who is earning at about $3.5M per fight @ 10%. How many fighters who are worth $3.5M per fight right now are banging on Abel's door?
      i remeber when canelo offered ggg 8 figure(10-15mil) payday, ggg had nowhere else to get half of that and still declined the offer... i honestly dont think abel can do much more for ggg, golovkin could have just fired him without even making those offers...

Comment

That isn't the point dude. Sanchez turned down GGG's lowball offer as a matter of principal. I'm sure Abel could retire right now and live comfortably but he wasn't willing to get ****ed over because he has dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          That isn't the point dude. Sanchez turned down GGG's lowball offer as a matter of principal. I'm sure Abel could retire right now and live comfortably but he wasn't willing to get ****ed over because he has dignity.
          If it were purely principle, he wouldn't be crying all over the media about it. He would have just declined the offer and moved on. But he is clearly cheesed off by the offer and it certainly is about the money, regardless of how much he has earned already.

I do agree that there were better ways to handle a parting of the ways if GGG just wanted a new trainer. Make a clean break and move on. Regardless, Abel may come to regret his decision when he finds himself training a bunch of no-hopers for short money.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            As long as he was making similar money to his other fights he should have accepted it. If it was considerably less, and I know the percentage fee was less, but not sure if the dollar amount is less, but if it was then fair play to him. But do you think Mayweather or Pacquiao paid their trainers 10% from their fight? Hell no, they probably had a set fee. Eventually the percentage fees go away once a fighter makes a certain amount.

But let's say for the first Canelo fight where GGG made around 15-20M, Abel got paid $1.5M. And then against Rolls where he is set to make that much, GGG offered him like $500,000, then sure Abel's complaints here are valid. But I also think GGG is in his right to say F off, if you don't want to take $500k here as I will find someone that will do the job for that amount.

Comment

He's a prideful idiot.

I'm curious what his counter-proposal was.

Comment

Well if he is quick i dont think Hearn has quite finalized an Opponent for Joshua just yet. How about that Abel? A nice lowball of a few Million, get knocked unconscious and you dont have to train people any more with your lovely big lowball.

If you can beat Vada ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  As long as he was making similar money to his other fights he should have accepted it. If it was considerably less, and I know the percentage fee was less, but not sure if the dollar amount is less, but if it was then fair play to him. But do you think Mayweather or Pacquiao paid their trainers 10% from their fight? Hell no, they probably had a set fee. Eventually the percentage fees go away once a fighter makes a certain amount.

But let's say for the first Canelo fight where GGG made around 15-20M, Abel got paid $1.5M. And then against Rolls where he is set to make that much, GGG offered him like $500,000, then sure Abel's complaints here are valid. But I also think GGG is in his right to say F off, if you don't want to take $500k here as I will find someone that will do the job for that amount.
                  Good points. Canelo just signed a $365M deal, anyone think he actually gave his trainer $36M? Doubtful. Pac offered Freddie a flat fee for the Floyd fight, he wasn't going to hand over $15M to do what he normally does for $2M. Floyd was paying Roger and his dad far less than 10% as well.

Comment

this is hilarious watching the GGG fans now go at Sanchez, reminds me of when Manny fans turned on Roach

Comment

Working...
                    X