Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The IBF won't sanction GGG-Vanes. Title will be stripped if the fight proceeds.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The IBF won't sanction GGG-Vanes. Title will be stripped if the fight proceeds.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/23222172/ibf-says-gennady-golovkin-stripped-belt-fights-vanes-martirosyan?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Say Fatty Fatty Boombalatty Dan Rafael

Good, punish that chery picker

Comment

Good, I have no love for G or Canelo just free the belts so I can watch some hungry world class fighters give it their all to try to realize a dream.

They should Strip One Time also

Comment

Correct. So they need to choose someone else. It doesn't necessarily have to be Sergiy. They haven't enforced that YET. Just has to be someone that IBF approves of.

Comment

Either Golovkin fights Chenko or vacates the IBF belt. If he chooses the latter, then we’ll know he’s become one of those “business men” he hated so much back when no one would give him his mandatory shot. Anyhow, it appears Triple G will be stripped if and when he fights Vanes on May 5th. The IBF doing the right thing here Vanes could get seriously injured he’s been inactive for 2 yrs and is moving up in weight fighting a champion with tremendous power and in short notice usually doesn’t bold well for the opponent. Triple G should just fight Saunders in June to unify the belts forget Cinco de Mayo he’s not Mexican the Vanes fight won’t sell well at all.

Comment

Time is running out for them to get an exception. The fight date is ~2 weeks away. Just bite the damn bullet and fight Derevyanchenko. Not a fan of Loeffler for the last ~2 years.

Fricking hate the ABCs though. Two of the organizations approve the opponent, but the last 1 doesn't. What could possibly be the damn reason for that? On top of that, the IBF has no leg to stand on if they decide to strip Golovkin. SD is the mandatory, but no fight was ordered - especially on a 4 week notice.

What the hell are they stripping him for? Because he didn't fight his mandatory on a 4 week notice even though no fight was ordered? Horse****.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Time is running out for them to get an exception. The fight date is ~2 weeks away. Just bite the damn bullet and fight Derevyanchenko. Not a fan of Loeffler for the last ~2 years.

Fricking hate the ABCs though. Two of the organizations approve the opponent, but the last 1 doesn't. What could possibly be the damn reason for that? On top of that, the IBF has no leg to stand on if they decide to strip Golovkin. SD is the mandatory, but no fight was ordered - especially on a 4 week notice.

What the hell are they stripping him for? Because he didn't fight his mandatory on a 4 week notice even though no fight was ordered? Horse****
              That's my exact point in all of this. Had the IBF just ordered and enforced this fight when they found out the Canelo fight COULD POSSIBLY be canceled, then I'd have no issue and would be all aboard for GGG fighting his mandatory. But if his mandatory is not ENFORCED then he has no mandatory and has only voluntary defenses.

I agree that Vanes should NOT be GGG's opponent though. It's dangerous. It's worthless. WBC and the WBA should be ashamed to even want that.

But to try to strip someone of a belt that wasn't even enforced is strange.

IBF had a chance to say something along the lines of: "it looks like the Canelo fight could get canceled. If it gets canceled before (specific date) then you will be ordered to fight Sergiy, and it will be enforced. If that (specific) date comes and goes with no cancellation, you will be free to make a voluntary defense - just not against Vanes (or anyone like that)."

That way there would be no doubt about what should happen next. You simply can't enforce a fight with 17 days left.
              Last edited by Street15; 04-18-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
                Correct. So they need to choose someone else. It doesn't necessarily have to be Sergiy. They haven't enforced that YET. Just has to be someone that IBF approves of.
                I doubt there is time for that.....

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

What the hell are they stripping him for? Because he didn't fight his mandatory on a 4 week notice even though no fight was ordered? Horse****.
                  He hasn't defended against a mandatory in 2 years

Comment

I applaud IBF for such a stance this time, though there previous stance on Wade as mandatory was absurd. Have no interest whatsoever in meaningless fights, even though I am GGG fan.
                    if it is not unification, mandatory or really high-profile fight than better not to do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X