Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs George Chuvalo and Ron Lyle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You insult the superior muscle of a man not here to defend himself against unwarranted calumny? He never jacked a fellow (besides himself) in his life I tell you. Hell, man, he was uncircumcised.
    Last edited by The Old LefHook; 08-11-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      You insult the superior muscle of a man not here to defend himself against unwarranted calumny? He never jacked a fellow (besides himself) in his life I tell you. Hell, man, he was uncircumcised.
      That's true, but Marciano jacked many a lady, as told in articles where they mention him being with many a woman on the road, traveling with many dildos. I forget who posted the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        That's true, but Marciano jacked many a lady, as told in articles where they mention him being with many a woman on the road, traveling with many dildos. I forget who posted the article.
        It must have been old Dildo himself...

Comment

This guy was probably as naturally strong as a man can get for his size, which was about 5' 10" and 200 lbs. He never worked out a day in his life and absolutely had more muscle definition than either Charles Atlas or Joe Weider, the two famous musclemen of the day. When this guy doubled up his wrist a muscle the full size of a marble popped up under the skin. I have been looking for that muscle on someone else for a long time, but have never found another instance. He said he got it from milking cows by hand for about a year as a young teenager when he worked on a dairy.
          Yeah or jerking off other gentlemen in a back alley.
          he was milking prostates, not dairy cows, lol. and what does his being uncut have to do with anything?

Comment

https://www.si.com/vault/1993/08/23/...tery-out-of-it

Comment

There's actually a town in Newfoundland, Canada called Dildo.

Comment

Rock was trash only crazy idiots said he would win

Comment

Originally posted by moneytheman View Post
                  Rock was trash only crazy idiots said he would win
                  But what would a crazy person say?

How about a sane idiot?

Does your opinion hold for these two groups as well?
                  Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 01-24-2023, 02:20 PM.
                  them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

Marciano, his style alone would win him his fight vs Lyle. If anything watch the computer fight with Ali, fake of course - but is the some of the clearest footage of Rockys style, although as an old out of shape man.

Lyle doesn’t have the tools out side of anything but a lucky punch early, because if the fight went late, Marcianos style and freddy brown baiting headmovement would have Lyle gun shy and resorting to arm punches. Lyle having basic stand up defense means he will probably be easy to find for the awkward Marciano.

Lyle won’t dance, he’ll fight. Reach will be less of a factor.

Marciano uses the crouch, there’s very little time spent in a position he can be even hit by punches on the outside. Its a very crafty style, long lost. As you see Ali looks awkward jabbing down at a man whos 5’10 and crouching to 5’3 and even in a real fight, punching down that way is going to be very difficult.

Lyle has a big punch, if he lands right, the perfect shot he can drop or hurt Rocky Maybe ko him?

factors against this outcome, Marciano given who he faced, showed tremendous heart and recuperation. Even when dropped, not once were Marcianos legs taken. Theres a strong chance he gets up and recovers.

the punches that dropped him were clever placed counter punches by smaller more skillful fighters. Lyle is going to land by going at Rocky. In my opinion of course, I don’t think he’ll be that effective that way up against Marcianos crouch - and witnessed strength at least, to push around a very similar sized man quite easily actually - in an old washed up Louis, who was pretty much bang on Lyles size that night. This at least shows strength or weight wouldn’t be an immediate obvious advantage. It still could of course prove a point, as Lyle would be younger and hungry, perhaps pushing back harder than an old Louis. It is however, an example of Marciano in with someone Lyles size.

Comment

Marciano wins both by TKO in mid to late rounds. Two of the few head to heads he wins. Chuvalo has a good chin, but Rocky has the conditioning to stick around long enough and keep throwing enough punches to stop him. Lyle starts off as a slugfest with Rocky outlasting Ron for the stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X