Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Webb: I'll Get Dave Allen In The Rematch After A Warm Up Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Webb: I'll Get Dave Allen In The Rematch After A Warm Up Fight!

British heavyweight Nick Webb aims to get back on track for a shot at the coveted Lonsdale Belt in 2019.

Since taking a shock first loss against Dave Allen last month, Webb spoke to WBN in order to outline his next steps in pro ranks.

“I’ve got to get myself right, I felt in that fight I was looking good and then I got caught," Webb exclusively told World Boxing News. “It’s about getting my weight right, my fitness and stamina up.”

Taking a short notice fight as part of the undercard for Dillian Whyte v Joseph Parker at The O2 in July, Webb had little to no time for full preparations, as he outlined himself: “I didn’t spar before the fight because we didn’t have time to look at actually getting the sparring in and getting some proper rounds under my belt.”

Webb assumed control of the fight using a fast firm jab but ultimately it was Allen’s right hand which caught Webb, handing him a damaging KO loss and derailing an imminent British title chance.

Looking at a return date, Webb said he's looking for a comeback two months, ironically around the same time as Allen will fight on a card in Newcastle. Talk of a rematch has surfaced, although may come too soon for Webb at this point in his career.

“I think I would like to come back on a warm-up fight in October time. I think I’d like to have a warm up in a 6-8 rounder and then go into a 10 rounder after that," he said.

Webb is currently short on rounds, taking just three rounds or less to finish ten opponents out of his twelve victories and participating in just thirty rounds in total.

The 30 year-old will now focus on his own fitness and future before pushing on for domestic honours again next year.

“That loss has put my career back six months, so I’ve got to rebuild it again until 2019 and then I’ll be ready to go for the British,” concluded Webb.

Fighting on this card was one of the greatest achievement of my life. Even tho it didn’t go the way I thought it was gonna it still was an amazing time. This loss has shown me I still got a lot to work on and improve on. If the Whiterhino_21 is willing I would love a rematch in the near future we’re me and him can have proper camp and put on a great show, cause at our worse we entertained the crowd so at our best we can produce real fireworks and explosions. Thank you to my sponsors for your continued support and help wouldn’t be here without you. My fiancé for her love and understanding, my mum and family for holding me down, my friends for always having my back. It goes without saying to my coach johnedwards1966 for all his hard work and time and Scottwelchwbccaresuk aswell for his hard work and time and guidance. Every set back is a set up for a comeback 😎 #dudman westlabsalts Time4nutrition combat_nutrition THEshoregroup windisor_classics #ABGSE #thankyou #grateful #boxing #fight #lion🦁 #wildwebb

A post shared by Nick Webb 👊 (@itsanickting) on

Plenty of excuses Webb.

Comment

I don't think Nick Webb could ever beat Dave Allen. Webb is fragile and known to be Chinny anyway. Allen would do exactly the same thing again. Just an awful style matchup for Webb.

Comment

LOL forgot Dave Allen go for Daniel Dubois. Who the hell needs a warm up fight Allen was supposed to be a warm up, so he wants a polish fat journeyman with 36 losses 2 wins to fight.

Bum looking for a payday is Webb

Comment

Webb talking about, and pointing towards, lack of preparation time before the Allen fight. Yet he slated Joyce before that fight, when Joyce said he wasn't going onto that card on such short notice without any prep time/a trainer in place.
          Webb can't have it both ways.

Comment

When warm ups become part of your vernacular don't bother making statements. No one ****ing cares.

Comment

That's what happens when you look like David Haye lol. You get DESTROYED lol in a real fight.
              Last edited by MoneyKing; 08-15-2018, 09:07 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Fight The Big Dog AJ Carter

Comment

Shouldnt have cut his hair .

Comment

Working...
                  X