Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Retains, Wins Majority Decision Over Hughie Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to someone doing a mash-up and putting Fury's performance to music. Only possible good thing that could come out of this fight.

Comment

• Joseph, someone's waiting for you...

Comment

• Originally posted by stellen View Post
        We now have absolute proof, thanks to takam, ruiz and fury, that Parker does not have the required KO power to even take out mediocre heavyweights. Knocking over bums down under who are fighting for beer money is what parker excels at. Real hw's like AJ will destroy him.
        Why else has had the power to stop Hughie, Ruiz and Takam ? ......

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          Why else has had the power to stop Hughie, Ruiz and Takam ? ......
          Juiced to hell Povetkin.

Ruiz is the most underrated win on there though IMO. You watch Ruiz' fights and dudes get this hunted look on their faces after 3 rounds when he starts bashing them on the inside with that overhand right. I know he didn't fight anyone else of top level, but he ended a few prospect's careers and is a talented fighter IMO.
          Last edited by keith_head; 09-24-2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
            Glad Parker got the nod even though it was a bit wide on those 2 cards. I hate that Fury style, all flick jabs and no inside game whatsoever. At least JP tried to make a fight of it. Rubbish fight.
            This is how Tyson fights too very boring from a fans pov to watch a big man box and take zero risk but from a fighters pov if you can win at a safe distance and never have to get hurt why wouldnt you.

Comment

• I think Parker won close. Fury can't win with just movement and occasional shots. At least hurt the guy if ur throwing minimal. Neither looked relevant in the HW division. Parker has fast hands but wears snows shoes. His weight keeps going up, and he's only 25. Not good.

Comment

• Yes! Parker deserves it good win!

Comment

• I went to that “event” ,Fury made Parker follow him around an miss all night but wasn’t consistent enough with the counter shots.
                  It was Furys fight to lose but he needed to do more to take a champions title but he didn’t do anything with enough authority for me .
                  As for Parker well he isn’t very good and is very limited from what I seen that night,only punches Parker landed clean was in the 12th ,Furys chin is legit i would say though.
                  Terribly promoted event an dreary fights on it to . better fights in the crowd lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CiganoBoxer View Post
                    I went to that “event” ,Fury made Parker follow him around an miss all night but wasn’t consistent enough with the counter shots.
                    It was Furys fight to lose but he needed to do more to take a champions title but he didn’t do anything with enough authority for me .
                    As for Parker well he isn’t very good and is very limited from what I seen that night,only punches Parker landed clean was in the 12th ,Furys chin is legit i would say though.
                    Terribly promoted event an dreary fights on it to . better fights in the crowd lol
                    How full was the arena and what was the atmosphere like ?

Comment

• Originally posted by stellen View Post
                      We now have absolute proof, thanks to takam, ruiz and fury, that Parker does not have the required KO power to even take out mediocre heavyweights. Knocking over bums down under who are fighting for beer money is what parker excels at. Real hw's like AJ will destroy him.
                      Uhhh, no one has stopped Ruiz. No one has stopped Hughie. Only one person has stopped Takam - and that was a guy who was juiced up.

I know you've got this narrative to ride, but, the facts don't back it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X