No announcement yet.

Corrales not in the hall yet Gatti has been in for years died the same year WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    If Gatti didn't get in (we can all agree he shouldn't have been based solely on accomplishments) do you still think Chico would have a case?
    hell yea he does.....he was lineal/ring lightweight champ, won the ibf and wbo at 130 in one of the deepest eras from 130-135...he was one of the best. He fought top fighters back to back to back

was out 2 years and came back to win titles...that's hard enough and he was in jail.

also won one of the greatest title fights on film, and one of the most improbable comebacks as well.

he deserves it more than several in their, not just Gatti

Comment

Castillo vs Corrales was a hall of fame fight, so yeah, put him in there.

And take a few guys out - please!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I watched that fight live....my mom cussed me out..i was visiting home from college......I didn't realize I was jumping all over the couch.....me and my homies went ape shyt in the tenth round....that's some rocky movie type ish.
        yep, i don't think i'll ever have that type of reaction to anything, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by watchayouhead View Post
          Castillo vs Corrales was a hall of fame fight, so yeah, put him in there.

And take a few guys out - please!
          ^^^this right here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            yep, i don't think i'll ever have that type of reaction to anything, ever.
            moments like this fight is what the hall of fame is about...hell graziano got in and it was majority because of his series with Zale....he only beat blown up welterweights, none of the best middleweights of his era except a past prime zale.

Castillo should get in too....there era was so deep and they cleaned out 130-135 between the two of them once Floyd moved up

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              Gilberto Roman isn't even in and he was one of the greatest 115 pounders of all time....yet fools like Graziano who only beat one top middleweight is in....Johansson only beat machen and Patterson...boxing is a joke nowadays
              There ya go, bud. Fixed that for you.

Comment

well lets see if chico actually deserves it

Roberto Garcia
                castillo
                Freitas (great win)
                Casamayor

well actually he should be in there without a doubt. no clue why they refuse........

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  There ya go, bud. Fixed that for you.
                  ^^^thanks bro!!! I stand corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                    well lets see if chico actually deserves it

Roberto Garcia
                    castillo
                    Freitas (great win)
                    Casamayor

well actually he should be in there without a doubt. no clue why they refuse........
                    2 great comeback wins on his ledger...Castillo fight is arguably the greatest lightweight title fight ever

Freitas was undefeated and 2 division titlist, went on to win another title I believe after this loss

he also defeated perennial contender Angel Manfredy who only lost to the absolute best

contenders Justin Juuko, Hector Arroyo

also blitzed former world titlist Derrick Gainer and UD former world titlist gary St. Claire

he dominated everyone he faced, except the absolute best....outside of top 20 all time great mayweather and A Clottey who dwarfed him, he found a way to beat his oppoents

was impressed how he outboxed casamayor in the second fight...it gets overlooked

Comment

Absolutely.

Castillo/Corrales is arguably the greatest fight of the 21st century. Super underrated

It's a shame he went out the way he did

Comment

Working...
                      X