Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Rigondeaux really smoke cigarettes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
    I heard he does which would make what he does in the ring even more amazing. Anyone know the truth?
    Probably. You can have a few cigarettes a day without any negative effect in Boxing believe it or not. Its when you go over 5-10 cigarettes/day is when you start having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
      Dont know but I am interested as well.

Reminds me of legendary Japanese MMA fighter, Sakuraba. Man drank whiskey and smoked cigars when he wanted. Yet he had crazy stamina, once fought Royce Gracie with special rules (match ending only in TKO or submission) for one hour and half. 90 damn minutes. And after that he fought another match, and that was against a heavyweight... He himself was a middleweight fighter

How about James Toney by the way? Didnt he smoke quite a bit of cigars as well?
      Yea cuz that was against Royce Gracie who dry humps you on the canvas for 15 mins like a fkin phag. It isnt hard to stay in one position for long time.

Fuk ju jitsu and royce gracie. Jujitsu is a sht style that dont belong on TV.

Fuk jujistsu

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        so what Brian Sutherland would've smoked between rounds

unfortunately he never could make it out of the first round in his career so he never got a chance to show this
        Legends like Brian don’t need to show it. People just know...

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Yea cuz that was against Royce Gracie who dry humps you on the canvas for 15 mins like a fkin phag. It isnt hard to stay in one position for long time.

Fuk jujistsu
          In that fight, Sakuraba bullied and clowned Gracie for 90 minutes straight.

He earned the nickname 'Gracie Hunter' for defeating like 6 Gracies.

One thing that was amazing about Sakuraba is he was an actual professional wrestler, who crossed over to MMA. He was a competitor in freestyle wrestling through college, then became a pro wrestler, and he was schooled in the classical English submission catch-as-catch-can Wigan wrestling style, under the late Billy Robinson (Robinson also trained Josh Barnett, among others).

It was as a catch wrestler therefore that Sakuraba was able to defeat the Gracies at their own game (and in dominant fashion).

Comment

Lol MMA f@gs.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              i've read somewhere that nicolino began to smoke when he was 13 years old and never stopped till the day of his death

monzon was another smoker and a drunk, but inside the ring the man was the epitome of the 15 round fighter.
              His nickname should've been "Nicotino".

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

Fuk jujistsu
                Jesus Christ, man. You know what you sound like? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  His nickname should've been "Nicotino".
                  Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Jesus Christ, man. You know what you sound like? Lol
                    Tell me what do I sound like

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      In that fight, Sakuraba bullied and clowned Gracie for 90 minutes straight.

He earned the nickname 'Gracie Hunter' for defeating like 6 Gracies.

One thing that was amazing about Sakuraba is he was an actual professional wrestler, who crossed over to MMA. He was a competitor in freestyle wrestling through college, then became a pro wrestler, and he was schooled in the classical English submission catch-as-catch-can Wigan wrestling style, under the late Billy Robinson (Robinson also trained Josh Barnett, among others).

It was as a catch wrestler therefore that Sakuraba was able to defeat the Gracies at their own game (and in dominant fashion).
                      Sakuraba sounds like an interesting fighter. Ima youtube him.

Any fighter who beats up a Jujitsu phag is dope in my book.

He defeated 6 of them? Dam he must be hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X