Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone notice the lack of communication between Floyd Jr and Floyd Sr in the

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone notice the lack of communication between Floyd Jr and Floyd Sr in the

Pacquiao fight? I think it was a mistake for Jr to switch trainers, I think Floyd would have beaten Pacquiao more convincingly had he had his uncle in his corner not his father.

And it's not because Roger was the better trainer, but simply for the fact that Floyd had been working with his uncle much longer and they developed a relationship where Roger would say one thing and Floyd would simply register and get it. You didn't have that communication with Floyd and Sr. Back then Floyd looked invisible under his father, and I noticed he was less sharp under Roger for his first couple fights, but eventually over time Floyd was able to get back to form.

I've criticized boxers in the past such as Cotto and Dawson for switching trainers often which obviously hurt their performance in the ring, in the case of Chad and Cotto they would have been a lot more successful had they just stuck with a trainer before they won the title.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-18-2016, 06:43 PM.

lol hell no!! sr. actually gives out instructions! all i ever hear roger tells floyd is "keep touching that mother fucker"! "he aint got shit on you" ... i think you're just mad that sr. is very vocal so he tells it like it is.. like when he tells floyd to "stop fighting scared man"

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      lol hell no!! sr. actually gives out instructions! all i ever hear roger tells floyd is "keep touching that mother fucker"! "he aint got shit on you" ... i think you're just mad that sr. is very vocal so he tells it like it is.. like when he tells floyd to "stop fighting scared man"
      I like both trainers, whatever improvements that Floyd Sr was suppose to bring I didn't see it which is understandable given Jr's age and that he is already a veteran. At times in the corner Jr looked lost. He had the same team for like 12 years prior to Sr becoming the head trainer, if it ain't broke why fix it?
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-18-2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
        I like both trainers, whatever improvements that Floyd Sr was suppose to bring I didn't see it which is understandable given Jr's age and that he is already a veteran. At times in the corner Jr looked lost. He had the same team for like 12 years prior to Sr becoming the head trainer, if it ain't broke why fix it?
        honestly floyd will be floyd with sr. or roger. but to me sr. actually gives out instructions. like i said all i ever hear roger is to keep touching that mofo up. i've never heard him say anything else. its either keep touching him up, or he aint got shit on you.

Comment

because after the cotto fight, floyd said he felt he was getting hit too much, thats why he switched back to sr. and something about roger's health not being able to keep up with floyd in training or something.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            because after the cotto fight, floyd said he felt he was getting hit too much, thats why he switched back to sr. and something about roger's health not being able to keep up with floyd in training or something.
            Oh so it was Jr's decision. I didn't see the Floyd vs Cotto fight, but didn't Floyd win convincingly? And was Roger's health that bad that he could no longer train Floyd? I heard he had diabetes. Freddie Roach has Parkinson's but he's still able to train boxers.
            Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-18-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Floyd Sr. thought him everything he knows. The HBO production of father and son was instigated just to promote the fight. Of course there would be natural tension as the Golden Boy made earnings from Sr.'s training, therefore, making money for the cash cow before Floyd.

Behind the scenes, including Floyd's entourage, I'm sure there are communications between Father & Son out of respect. People think because Sr. was yelling at Floyd makes it seem like they're enemies. Not that scenario by any means. The best trainers in the pugilist sport have to encourage the inner will to go the distance. In Sr.'s case, insecurities about the cards and politics...

Comment

Oh so it was Jr's decision. I didn't see the Floyd vs Cotto fight, but didn't Floyd win convincingly? And was Roger's health that bad that he could no longer train Floyd? I heard he had diabetes. Freddie Roach has Parkinson's but he's still able to train fighters.
                yes, it was floyds decision someone feel free to correct me if im wrong on this. but after the cotto fight floyd said even tho he won he felt he got hit way more than he liked. and also he touch on roger's health which is not making him able to keep up with floyd in training. i've seen roger on the mitts with floyd, im not sure what fight he was training for but i remember floyd getting mad at roger because roger was messing up on the mitts with floyd. i remember after their mitts routine floyd told them to go at it again since he wasnt happy with it. and about roach, freddie actually says when he gets in there to train thats when he actually feels normal . i guess everyones body is different.

Comment

what???????????????

Comment

Oh so it was Jr's decision. I didn't see the Floyd vs Cotto fight, but didn't Floyd win convincingly? And was Roger's health that bad that he could no longer train Floyd? I heard he had diabetes. Freddie Roach has Parkinson's but he's still able to train boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X