No announcement yet.

In all seriousness, this Fury/Wilder fight has backfired pretty badly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    Lolx.... All the Americans are out in full force.
    Why do these guys hate the truth so much?

Once you hit them at their soft spot, they come out like a wounded lion.
    Wilders team (and all the wilder fans until recently) were saying this was "the biggest fight in the division" and really thought they were going to beat AJ's numbers with "that US dolla"

Now that's obviously not going to happen and they don't want to talk about it and just get angry when someone calls them out on it.

It's sad

Comment

Ticket sales are hard to get a handle on. I have read 8k sold as of last week as well as only 1,400 remaining.

I have always maintaned that the initial pricing of the tickets were vastly over priced, so no surprise that they got significantly reduced.

Additionally I think the PPV is over priced and will do around 150-200k buys.

Comment

is it about the money or making the best fight possible? Wilder fought Luis Ortiz, why doesn't Hearn ever call this man out? Wilder went after the lineal champion and is getting slack for it. Aj doesn't want the fight. he sado I will fight for 50 million$ and then when offered backed out. I just can't take dem dudes seriously anymore. I just want to see good fights. AJ will continue to fight those bums under matchroom.

Comment

Originally posted by remi View Post
          is it about the money or making the best fight possible? Wilder fought Luis Ortiz, why doesn't Hearn ever call this man out? Wilder went after the lineal champion and is getting slack for it. Aj doesn't want the fight. he sado I will fight for 50 million$ and then when offered backed out. I just can't take dem dudes seriously anymore. I just want to see good fights. AJ will continue to fight those bums under matchroom.
          Typical wilder fanboy argument

First it's "not about the money"

Then 15 million offer is "crack head money"

Then Wilder vs Fury is the "biggest fight" and gonna make wilder the A-Side

Then ticket sales suck and we back to "it's not about the money"

IT's like jesus, decide on a narrative ffs

Comment

I said from day one it's a bum of a fight and will not do well with numbers.
            Basically trying to sell a fight as some kind of blockbuster when reality wilder is literally unknown in the states and fury has zero draw in the uk....its a scrub fight

Comment

You guys blasting the fight are fools.
              Their not even in the ring yet you decide it's a flop.
              This is probably the biggest heavyweight fight this year yet all you do is bring it down maybe because your idol AJ didn't have the gumption to make it happen.
              Cry into your beers lads when this fight proves successful.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                You guys blasting the fight are fools.
                Their not even in the ring yet you decide it's a flop.
                This is probably the biggest heavyweight fight this year yet all you do is bring it down maybe because your idol AJ didn't have the gumption to make it happen.
                Cry into your beers lads when this fight proves successful.
                It "could" be a good fight in the ring.

I doubt it though as I think Fury is shot.

Also Fury was offered to sign with Matchroom and build to an AJ fight but he chose to fight 2 bums and cash out vs Wilder

hardly AJ's fault

Comment

Wilder should have said we will fight in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                    It "could" be a good fight in the ring.

I doubt it though as I think Fury is shot.

Also Fury was offered to sign with Matchroom and build to an AJ fight but he chose to fight 2 bums and cash out vs Wilder

hardly AJ's fault
                    But but AJ could of earned his biggest payday and got what HE was asking for yet he Daddy Hearn wouldn't allow it. Lol.
                    So to save face for all you poms Fury accepted the challenge that AJ wouldn't and this is after coming of a 3 yr lay off.
                    Don't criticize the fight which should have been AJs just cause he has no balls.
                    Relish in the fact that at least one of your fighters from across the pond will take on the Bronze Bomber.
                    No more to say.
                    Goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      But but AJ could of earned his biggest payday and got what HE was asking for yet he Daddy Hearn wouldn't allow it. Lol.
                      So to save face for all you poms Fury accepted the challenge that AJ wouldn't and this is after coming of a 3 yr lay off.
                      Don't criticize the fight which should have been AJs just cause he has no balls.
                      Relish in the fact that at least one of your fighters from across the pond will take on the Bronze Bomber.
                      No more to say.
                      Goodbye.
                      "poms"

oh god you are australian, that explains it.

Don't worry im sure jeff horn will be back to the top in no time

Comment

Working...
                      X