No announcement yet.

Finkel open to new talks in October, if better deal. Hearn agrees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with you, why are YOU so obsessed with it being a percentage when Wilder himself PUBLICALLY ACCEPTED a flat fee?
    Wilder believed Hearn was lying about being willing to do the fight in 2018. So, to prove Hearn was lying, Wilder accepted the flat fee on the condition the fight take place in 2018.

Having now proven Hearn was lying, Wilder is under no obligation to accept a flat fee he never wanted to accept to begin with. He only accepted it to call Hearn's bluff. Already having been caught in a lie, Hearn is going to have to offer a large percentage if he ever wants to make the fight happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Wilder believed Hearn was lying about being willing to do the fight in 2018. So, to prove Hearn was lying, Wilder accepted the flat fee on the condition the fight take place in 2018.
      ****ing lol. Incredible people give you legitimacy. Ties to Wilder's inner circle, producing for DAZN, used to work with the big time promoters. Well at least one of you did.

****ing entertaining though

Haha you aint Schaefer are you?
      Last edited by Randall Cunning; 09-21-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
        HE accepted the flat fee for the fight to be next because he was tired of the games, I guess he was just like fk it i'll take it, which IMO was stupid but hes his own man. im just giving my opinion.

Come on mate, wise up. Don't listen to that WBAIBFWBC guy.

Would you accept a flat fee you weren't happy with just to 'get the fight next'?

I've never heard of a fighter accept less than his worth just to 'get the fight next'. What's the rush? Just like any other fighter he wants to maximise his money. That's why he's fighting Fury next for leverage and money. It was never about trying to force Eddie Hearns hand. It was about giving his fans the impression he was ready to fight when he had no intention of doing so

It's a nonsense excuse he gave when the fight broke down over the WBA mandatory and the date and venue not being signed sealed and delivered. He lost his pen when **** got real.

That's fine. But surely you can see that Wilder never really wanted the fight 'next'? Just look at the damn $50m offer with no date or venue and which had to be on BT Sport despite Joshua having a contract to Sky Sports. When Hearn asked for meetings they cancelled. That's some BS right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          ****ing lol. Incredible people give you legitimacy. Ties to Wilder's inner circle, producing for DAZN, used to work with the big time promoters. Well at least one of you did.

****ing entertaining though

Haha you aint Schaefer are you?
          You're focused on me instead of my position because you know my position is solid. You didn't address a single thing you quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Joshua cant wait til December to make a deal for April, mandatories are going to be called. Hearn's going to have to accommodate this if they are going for April. As Holler says percentage is a must.
            Unification trumps mandatories. All this they can't wait till December is BS. Hearn with all his so called money could easily pay someone step aside, If a mandatory is called it will be Whyte, who Hearn manages. Hearn is trying to negotiate a deal where he won't have to pay Wilder that much and would rather do it before Wilder/Fury revenue comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              You're focused on me instead of my position because you know my position is solid. You didn't address a single thing you quoted.
              LOL, Im not focused on you. I said youre great as a source of entertainment, you got the forum moving along nicely. Its up to each member to sort the official from the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                Unification trumps mandatories. All this they can't wait till December is BS. Hearn with all his so called money could easily pay someone step aside, If a mandatory is called it will be Whyte, who Hearn manages. Hearn is trying to negotiate a deal where he won't have to pay Wilder that much and would rather do it before Wilder/Fury revenue comes back.
                Its the IBF, they dont play that ****

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  sorry Shelley, you only get to have a meeting AFTER you agree to the offer......lol
                  Did you read the tweet? That is exactly what Finkel is saying. He isn't meeting up with them if they don't give Wilder a real offer and not some flat fee stuff. Reading comprehension is a must for u

Comment

lol that shows how much of a threat they consider fury. for all of that talk of it being the best heavyweight fight out there it looks as if they are planning ahead already.

Comment

Wilder fury is not going to make mega bucks and if anybody thinks its that this fight will be huge are in for a rude awakening.
                      No one knows fury in the states and wilder is not a ppv star so guaranteeing fury and wilder a big payday is financial risk that i don't think haymon or showtime will do.
                      Wilder will want a bigger percentage that fury and fury will want a paycheck big enough so he can retire and go buy some caravans and shire horses.
                      Basically what i am saying is the fury fight talk is probably a way of getting an improved offer from hearn and joshua and if its a good enough deal then more than likely the fury fight is bypassed.
                      Fury can shout and ball and act like an ape but it still will not give him a bigger profile in the states..
                      Fury is no more of a higher name to wilder in the states than what stiverne was and that was not ppv.
                      Fury will not fight wilder and if its gets announced closer to the date fury will pull out with a fake injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X