No announcement yet.

Question, if Cotto agrees to fight GGG at 157-159lb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    GGG needs to step on a PR flag and piss on it.

Say in spanish grow a sac miguelito.
    Say Trinidad would fight me
    Boxing aside, how many times do you think we are going to aloud that to happen before someone gets seriously hurt. Please grow up and make adult like comments.

Comment

Cotto is never gonna fight GGG unless he gets offered some floyd Mayweather type money like 25-30 million guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
        Ok, now that Canelo said 155 or no fight to GGG and possibly no fight until one or two years from now.
        My question, if Cotto win loose or draw vs Canelo agrees to fight GGG at anywhere between 157-159lbs. Will he get any credit for stepping up?
        Of course he would.. He's smaller then Canelo never mind GGG. Cotto's best days were at 140-147.. Canelo is a middleweight sucking down to 155 and coming in over 170 every fight. Cotto is small even at 154 now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I don't believe Canelo will try to keep the 160 title and try to force GGG to fight him for that title at 155. That would be a Cotto move. Canelo will either step down from the middleweight title or defend it at the proper 160 pounds. Wait and see. Posters are trashing Canelo in advance for a crime he has not yet committed.
          Were you the only one in here who missed the Youtube video just released where he said exactly that 155 or no fight GGG? Cotto on the other hand, said countless times he wants a catch weight but most recently assured Sulaiman that he will indeed face GGG if he beats Canelo not in one to two years but after the Canelo fight.
          Last edited by Fantasiabruja; 10-22-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            GGG is only interested in fighting Canelo or Cotto if they are the WBC champion and are putting that title on the line at 160 pounds. He made it clear that he won't put up with any catch weight BS. Cotto would not get any credit for a fight that never happened. If the Cotto-Canelo winner does not agree to defend their WBC middleweight title at the correct 160 pounds then I believe the WBC will strip them of that title and GGG will be the WBC middleweight champion.
            GGG is only interested in fighting Canelo or Cotto if they are the WBC champion and are putting that title on the line at 160 pounds.

^^^^^^^Not true, he wants to get paid why else would he want to also fight lil Floyd and recently said he is willing to fight at either 154 or 168 for a big PPV fight, simple money$$$$$$$. GGG is not special in that sense he wants to get paid just like every other boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Not if you bragged about a willingness to go to 154 for a big fight.

As for this thread-If GGG is the most lucrative option should he lose to Canelo, I expect cotto to take it. He has made it clear the most lucrative fights are what he is going to take at this stage of his career.

If he wins, he gets full credit.

Would he also get props for just taking the fight?

Comment

No, it's a bitch move for both Cotto and Canelo. Fight the guy at his best to gain true greatness. If you're not a MW then get the fuck out of the division.

I'd be ok if they take a fight against a top 10 guy at 160(no catch weight) before GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                  No, it's a bitch move for both Cotto and Canelo. Fight the guy at his best to gain true greatness. If you're not a MW then get the fuck out of the division.

I'd be ok if they take a fight against a top 10 guy at 160(no catch weight) before GGG.
                  Yeah catch weights between champions in the same division is ridiculous.

Comment

If he's still the middleweight champion then he should fight and defend it at the MW limit or move down.

If he wasn't the middleweight champ and campaigning at LMW and they fought at 157 then i'd be fine, but if you hold that belt, defend it properly at the official weight limit, or give it up and allow those who do fight up to 160 fight for it.

At the end of the day, he's fighting as a MW. 155-160 is MW. Either accept you're a MW fighter and fight them within the correct weight limits, or move down to 154 if you don't want to. Otherwise you're making a mockery of the belt, the sport, the history and the weight classes. That's not just Cotto, it goes across the whole sport but he's the worst offender right now, and Canelo. Consistently fighting within the MW weight class yet refusing to accept they are Middleweights in certain situations.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of hate for catch weights on NSB lately, I just hope that when the tables are turned or some ones favorite fighter moves up the hate continues. Otherwise there's going to be a lot of folks around here who are going to look like hypocrites.

Comment

Working...
                      X