Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people suddenly defending Sanctioning Bodies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people suddenly defending Sanctioning Bodies?

LMAO, you guys are ****ing bipolar. Honestly, I cant believe people even care about the belts anymore. I cant remember the last time I cared about the belts.

I hope Haymon creates one centralized PBC belt and eliminated the need for sanctioning bodies. And people would **** on that as if the WBC is the savoir of boxing. I just really dont understand people. They let bias and perceptions cloud their judgement even if its completely against what they originally stood for.

Because the best fighters in boxing are not all signed under Haymon. The only way the PBC Belt will work is if he works with other promoters.

It's a good idea if everybody is willing to work together. But that's never been and never will be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
      LMAO, you guys are ****ing bipolar. Honestly, I cant believe people even care about the belts anymore. I cant remember the last time I cared about the belts.

I hope Haymon creates one centralized PBC belt and eliminated the need for sanctioning bodies. And people would **** on that as if the WBC is the savoir of boxing. I just really dont understand people. They let bias and perceptions cloud their judgement even if its completely against what they originally stood for.
      This is an idiotic interpretation of what people are saying.

They're not defending alphabet belts, they're concerned about Haymon adding another one.

Comment

I noticed this as well

I agree

Belts are meaningless

Belt holders are not champions

Champions are Great

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          This is an idiotic interpretation of what people are saying.

They're not defending alphabet belts, they're concerned about Haymon adding another one.
          Non sense. Look at people debate the WBC belt as if it means anything. People complain about the belts, but the acceptance of a new belt, compeltely ignoring sanctioning bodies is asinine.

No Haymon fighter would carry a WBC, WBA, etc belt if he made his own.They simply wouldnt be recognized.

Comment

I love the WBO and Bob Arum. I will take a bullet for that man.

Comment

Sanctioning bodies need reform, not another tier of titles to compete with

Comment

Non sense. Look at people debate the WBC belt as if it means anything. People complain about the belts, but the acceptance of a new belt, compeltely ignoring sanctioning bodies is asinine.

No Haymon fighter would carry a WBC, WBA, etc belt if he made his own.They simply wouldnt be recognized.
                Exactly theres your problem. ABCs and major promoters probably wont recognise the PBC belt thingy, and Haymon won't recognise the ABCs. Adding more titles is gonna help, right?

As long as Haymon recognises the consensus champion, whether hes lineal or not, theres no need for a PBC belt. Thatll help push the ABCs towards some form of obscurity anyway

Comment

I for one, don't give a flying **** about the belts. There's 'the man' in every division, and some are not as clear as others. That is who you should be gunning for. But boxing is a business and fighters need to generate money/hype. Rankings and belts help with that.

Comment

It doesn't happen often, but on occasion, a sanctioning body will actually bring together separate parties and bring about fights that wouldn't normally occur...such as Lomachenko-Russell Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X