• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    Logic is a dirty word around here.
    Logic is like a sin around here.
    Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Ruiz is more skilled than Parker, I think that was the logic here. And it was a close fight as we know, it's not like Parker dominated the guy, Ruiz was pressing the action most of the time.
    Bro, you can't call the guy who won the fight 'not special' while calling the loser 'skilled'. That's like ass backwards wtf?

Comment

I felt like Ruiz edged it (115-113).
      Having said that, I'm just not sold on him as a top heavyweight. And I don't base that off of his physique; I know he has worked hard to shed off a lot of that excess weight.
      He hasn't really fought very good competition or a variety of styles. So that in and of itself makes it hard to gauge just how good he is. He hasn't exactly looked spectacular against the limited opposition he's faced.
      I like Joseph Parker, but he just doesn't look like he's ready for the top heavyweights at this point. I mean, if you're gun shy against Takam and Ruiz, what happens when you are faced with Joshua, Wilder, Wlad, Povetkin or even Pulev.
      I was more impressed with Whyte and Chisora than I was Parker and Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        It was a close fight, but the majority of impartials feel Parker won the fight.

CompuBox numbers came out today and have Parker throwing more, and landing more, so that's another feather in the cap I guess.

I'd like to see Ruiz after a few more months of conditioning work - he didn't look like he had much left at the back end of the fight.
        What the **** are you talking about?

The majority thinks that Parker was **** and the fight was at least a draw.

The stats are very similar.

Parker won because burger king hahahaha.

Draw. And Ruiz deserves the rematch in U.S.A

Comment

ruiz is nothing special.parker looked like **** to me he's without a doubt the weakest link/belt holder at heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            What the **** are you talking about?

The majority thinks that Parker was **** and the fight was at least a draw.

The stats are very similar.

Parker won because burger king hahahaha.

Draw. And Ruiz deserves the rematch in U.S.A
            I'd like to see some backup to this claim. I've posted a number of reference points where opinions of boxing writers have been collated, and the majority see Parker winning. Oh, but..you mean NSB posters, right?

The stats are similar? The only argument people have come up with so far is that "Ruiz was pressing and the busier fighter". Yet Parker threw over 20% more punches than Ruiz - and landed more. Ruiz simply didn't collect enough rounds, he didn't have enough in the tank.

Boxing fans are stupid and ride the narrative until it's dead - don't perpetuate this notion.

Comment

Working...
            X