Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about going to America. Which city should I visit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time of year are you going? Are you only looking to go to one place/stay in the same general area or are you wanting to bounce to multiple parts of the country? Are you looking to actually do things or more just see sites and take in the atmosphere? Is there anything in particular you are thinking about trying to do or see on your visit?

Comment

Best that "says American " cities or country or a bit of both?

Short drive tours or long drive?
      Last edited by maracho; 06-17-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

NY, Manhattan, Philly, DC, Miami. Easy Coast.
        LA, silver con valley, Seattle. West Coast.

Hit Vegas and Houston, they party hard there. New Orleans, LA.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonFuryTBE View Post
          I said America not Mexico. Mexico don't really appeal to me, trump brainwashed me into thinking its some shanty busted up country.

Texas is good shout, but I probably get shot I heard they like there guns over there
          Texas has lower crime rates than a lot of America.

I'd wager that's because we like guns, but that's another topic.

As another poster said, Barton Springs in Austin is a nice place to visit. It's very cold though, but that feels great on days where is around 100 degrees.

Comment

Depends on what time of year you arrive and how long you will stay.
            I woul d suggest arriving in NYC, see the usual sights (Statue of Liberty , Museum of Modern Art), rent a car and drive up to Bear Mountain, proceed to Lake Champlain for a couple days relaxation. Go up to Montreal ( it's in Canada). Check out the French Canadian women. The fly to New Orleans and and eat crawfish ettoufee. The fly Southwest Airlines to San Antonio and check out the River walk. Drive ( long drive) to Carlsbad Caverns, then up to Santa Fe. Drive up to Mesa Verde to view the cliff dwellings. Travel through Monument Valley, where many iconic western were filmed, then hit Vegas for a couple days. Check out the Grand Canyon. Fin ally go to LA if only to see the Getty Art museum.

Then go home. I've given you a good itinerary to see the unique and truly American (and Canadian) places.

Comment

Is there actually a place called, sweet home alabama in America?

Comment

Chicago, Boston, NYC, New Orleans, Miami, Seattle, Washington DC, Pittsburgh.

Depends on what you want to do really but off the top of my head, those cities would be the places I would go to if I wasn’t from here.

Honorable mentions: Portland (Oregon) and either San Francisco or San Diego.

You’ll be disappointed going to LA, Vegas, or Texas for anything more than a weekend.

Comment

The US seems quite boring; I'd try somewhere new, like Japan, China, or Norway. But if I had to pick a place in the US, then I'd go with California, even though I've never been there. California seems like the new New York, so maybe a place like LA or something. I grew up in New York, and there's not much there, tbh. But, then again, my concept of entertainment is more nature-ish or outright technological. So, I'd go to rural Japan, and then somewhere packed like Tokyo.

Edit:

Actually, I have been to California, technically, but it was pretty much at the border side next to Arizona.
                  Last edited by SunSpace; 06-17-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I heard inner city Baltimore is lovely this time of the year.

Comment

Southern California, coastal regions; San Diego, Orange County, LA. If you want to get the most out of your 9 days, there’s a ton of stuff you could see and do.

Comment

Working...
                      X