Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Broner loses badly, will he become like Berto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Broner loses badly, will he become like Berto?

I mean losing a close either way fight wouldn't look bad at all, but if he gets stopped or comprehensively schooled, is it safe to say this is the end of his status as a highly regarded fighter?

Whatever you think of him currently, he's still a big name in the game atm. I reckon he'll be Berto status if he loses badly, then it won't be long until he's seen as a stepping stone for rising prospects.

He knows this too, which is why he's been (seemingly) taking this fight very seriously.

he already is.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      he already is.
      Close, but I wouldn't say he's Berto status yet. He's one big loss away from it (could very well be tonight) and then he's officially a stepping stone fighter unfortunately.

Comment

am i the only one worried about him? dude seems very emotionally unstable. i mean, he might actually kill himself if he takes a bad L

Comment

At least he's a more exciting version of Berto.

BUt yeah, he'll become a gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            am i the only one worried about him? dude seems very emotionally unstable. i mean, he might actually kill himself if he takes a bad L
            Nah, I don't think so, at least not in this fight. He's doing his best to hide it, but he very fond of Mikey's skills and knows he's an excellent fighter. Losing to Mikey will be a huge hit on his ego, but Mikey will go on to become great so it's not really that bad. He lost to Chino and Porter too, both really good fighters.

If he had lost to Gavin Rees or some of the other no names he's fought, then maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
              Close, but I wouldn't say he's Berto status yet. He's one big loss away from it (could very well be tonight) and then he's officially a stepping stone fighter unfortunately.
              He just lost to granados dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                Nah, I don't think so, at least not in this fight. He's doing his best to hide it, but he very fond of Mikey's skills and knows he's an excellent fighter. Losing to Mikey will be a huge hit on his ego, but Mikey will go on to become great so it's not really that bad. He lost to Chino and Porter too, both really good fighters.

If he had lost to Gavin Rees or some of the other no names he's fought, then maybe.
                yeah, but still those are the best fighters he has faced, and lost. every time he had to make that jump in quality he failed. that gotta hit him hard

Comment

I dont think broner will ever lose to soto karass

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
                    I dont think broner will ever lose to soto karass
                    With an injury he might.

But I see Broner in a Zab Judah status if he loses. Not relevant but still getting some big fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X