Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Industry Changed It's Tone in Backing Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Industry Changed It's Tone in Backing Alvarez?

We always had Floyd, Spence, or Bradley saying Nelo beats GGG. We've seen NSB posters now favoring Alvarez.

Good always prevails. Media hype for others has its karma; Rousey, McGregor..

And there was me thinking it was all about the money...

Comment

A lot of people saw the Jacobs and Brook fights and think Golovkin is in decline. Canelo always stood a chance to beat Golovkin but some people are only accepting it because they think Golovkin is vulnerable now.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        A lot of people saw the Jacobs and Brook fights and think Golovkin is in decline. Canelo always stood a chance to beat Golovkin but some people are only accepting it because they think Golovkin is vulnerable now.
        The question is, is he vulnerable fighting elite fighters or just vulnerable now because of his "age."

Why didn't people say the reason why Brook could do things was because of his age, or the same thing with Jacobs? How many months will it be from Jacobs to Alvarez?

Will people say the injury Jacobs put on Golovkin and age was the reason why he lost?

My opinion all along, this is what happens when you milk a division for so long at this age. He should've had better advisory because Bhop didn't have pre experience like Golovkin going pro. Like I said, Golovkin should've already been a 2 Division Champ at 168. Who cares if Ward was there or had gone. Dude move your ass Father Time was coming. Common sense, and all the belts were his mgmt exploiting their desires in profit that hurt Golovkin.

You hear that fat Dan? Write about that! Cash me outside Burger King How bow dat?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          The question is, is he vulnerable fighting elite fighters or just vulnerable now because of his "age."

Why didn't people say the reason why Brook could do things was because of his age, or the same thing with Jacobs? How many months will it be from Jacobs to Alvarez?

Will people say the injury Jacobs put on Golovkin and age was the reason why he lost?

My opinion all along, this is what happens when you milk a division for so long at this age. He should've had better advisory because Bhop didn't have pre experience like Golovkin going pro. Like I said, Golovkin should've already been a 2 Division Champ at 168. Who cares if Ward was there or had gone. Dude move your ass Father Time was coming. Common sense, and all the belts were his mgmt exploiting their desires in profit that hurt Golovkin.

You hear that fat Dan? Write about that! Cash me outside Burger King How bow dat?
          Some people see it as age but I don't. He's fighting better fighters so you won't see him be as dominant as he was when he was fighting lesser opponents. It's hard to see someone's flaws when they're winning in a dominant fashion. If Canelo is smart he'll be able to exploit these flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            Some people see it as age but I don't. He's fighting better fighters so you won't see him be as dominant as he was when he was fighting lesser opponents. It's hard to see someone's flaws when they're winning in a dominant fashion. If Canelo is smart he'll be able to exploit these flaws.
            I don't remember if there was a difference between posters in saying that Golovkin was old when fighting Jacobs. So from Jacobs to Alvarez, which is good back to back resume bouts for Golovkin, but posters are flooding various excuse post Jacobs? Are they acknowledging that Alvarez was a bigger threat than Jacobs? Some are saying that Alvarez is not Jacobs and that GgGs jab will nullify everything...

So if Gennady loses, then logically it's what happened after Jacobs, not the drama between May of 2016 to September 2017. Because for some reason it's practical to have forgotten about A side theory in general.

Comment

how were mcgregor and ronda hype? ronda was the best female mma fighter for years. mcgregor was the best in 2 divisions(equal to 4 in boxing) they were hyped because they were good. hype is broner and berto. guys who were never close to being elite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                how were mcgregor and ronda hype? ronda was the best female mma fighter for years. mcgregor was the best in 2 divisions(equal to 4 in boxing) they were hyped because they were good. hype is broner and berto. guys who were never close to being elite fighters.
                McGregor's drainage in the UFC at Feather makes Oscar De La Hoya vs Pacquiao seem like clockwork. Have a look online of Conor's sunken in drainage protocols and see if White fooled UFC and a fan called Daggum. Lol. He said "Equal to 4 divisions."

Comment

Its always been a 50/50 fight for me. But Golovkin will have to be aggressive and take risks. He was too cautious against Jacobs.

Canelo might not be a "slick bruva" but he is a "chico suave" and that might be enough to beat the Kazakh caveman.

Comment

The threadstarter has made 15 threads about Golovkin between May 7th and today, May 9th.

Comment

Working...
                    X