Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S.A Soccer star Megan Rapinoe like Kaepernick kneels during national anthem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] U.S.A Soccer star Megan Rapinoe like Kaepernick kneels during national anthem

CHICAGO -- U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe knelt during the national anthem Sunday night before the Seattle Reign’s game against the Chicago Red Stars “in a little nod” to NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for the anthem to protest racial injustice and minority oppression came to public notice when he remained seated on the bench before a preseason game against Green Bay. On Thursday night in San Diego, he and safety Eric Reid kneeled during the anthem before a game against the Chargers.

“It was very intentional,” Rapinoe told American Soccer Now after Seattle’s 2-2 tie in the National Women’s Soccer League game. “It was a little nod to Kaepernick and everything that he’s standing for right now. I think it’s actually pretty disgusting the way he was treated and the way that a lot of the media has covered it and made it about something that it absolutely isn’t. We need to have a more thoughtful, two-sided conversation about racial issues in this country."

“Being a gay American, I know what it means to look at the flag and not have it protect all of your liberties. It was something small that I could do and something that I plan to keep doing in the future and hopefully spark some meaningful conversation around it. It’s important to have white people stand in support of people of color on this. We don’t need to be the leading voice, of course, but standing in support of them is something that’s really powerful.”

The 31-year-old Rapinoe helped the U.S. win the World Cup last year and played in the Rio Olympics.

“It’s the least I can do. Keep the conversation going,” Rapinoe tweeted.
    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-05-2016, 11:12 AM.

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post

CHICAGO -- U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe knelt during the national anthem Sunday night before the Seattle Reign’s game against the Chicago Red Stars “in a little nod” to NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for the anthem to protest racial injustice and minority oppression came to public notice when he remained seated on the bench before a preseason game against Green Bay. On Thursday night in San Diego, he and safety Eric Reid kneeled during the anthem before a game against the Chargers.

“It was very intentional,” Rapinoe told American Soccer Now after Seattle’s 2-2 tie in the National Women’s Soccer League game. “It was a little nod to Kaepernick and everything that he’s standing for right now. I think it’s actually pretty disgusting the way he was treated and the way that a lot of the media has covered it and made it about something that it absolutely isn’t. We need to have a more thoughtful, two-sided conversation about racial issues in this country."

“Being a gay American, I know what it means to look at the flag and not have it protect all of your liberties. It was something small that I could do and something that I plan to keep doing in the future and hopefully spark some meaningful conversation around it. It’s important to have white people stand in support of people of color on this. We don’t need to be the leading voice, of course, but standing in support of them is something that’s really powerful.”

The 31-year-old Rapinoe helped the U.S. win the World Cup last year and played in the Rio Olympics.

“It’s the least I can do. Keep the conversation going,” Rapinoe tweeted.
    In before the shiet storm.

Comment

I don't stand during the national anthem as a protest against the propaganda & dated concept of standing during the national anthem.

I'm a child of the earth mfer!!! Don't try to make me pick a side vs my other brothers of the earth.

Comment

I like it. People need to start speaking out more about what's right and wrong.

And by all means the discussion should be two-sided. Let's fix the problem so that life gets a little better for everyone.

Comment

Isn't it funny that in "the land of the free" and are massive on freedom of speech, demand that people stand for the national anthem and attack them if they don't.

Comment

what are you trying to prove here? that blacks are oppressed by police.. yes, i believe that some police act like that.. you have to ask yourself why that happens though..

because more than 50% of violent crimes are committed by blacks.. and blacks only make up 12% of population..

so police will definitely be more cautious even racist against blacks.. you should blame more your "brothers" why this is happening..

Comment

From the looks of the stadium it seems the fans protested too

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                From the looks of the stadium it seems the fans protested too
                I'm sure all 20 people in attendance were quite upset

Comment

What an idiot. Who cares if street thugs get killed? it means $60,000 less for the tax payer each year to keep in prison.

Comment

Attention whoring POS.

Comment

Working...
                    X