Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Devon Alexander ever wants to be an ATG he should take page from Floyd Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Devon Alexander ever wants to be an ATG he should take page from Floyd Mayweather.

When Floyd Mayweather had a fight that people felt he lost. He immediately rematch Jose Luis Castillo. He didn't have to give Castillo an immediate rematch. He could of taken that close victory, that some felt he lost, and moved on. Fight somebody else. But, he did what a true champion is suppose to do. He dared to be great and gave Castillo an immediate rematch. Again when he really didn't have to.

Alexander should do the same. Instead of worrying about Bradley and making an issue about 50-50 split when there was never an issue. He should be giving Kotelnik an immediate rematch. Why is he not pushing for this? Why are the fans not really pushing for this?

This what separates true greatness from just being good. It separates the boys for the men. This was why Floyd was considered a HOF'er before becoming "money" while Alexander might just end up being a good fighter from his era but falls short of HOF status.

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    When Floyd Mayweather had a fight that people felt he lost. He immediately rematch Jose Luis Castillo. He didn't have to give Castillo an immediate rematch. He could of taken that close victory, that some felt he lost, and moved on. Fight somebody else. But, he did what a true champion is suppose to do. He dared to be great and gave Castillo an immediate rematch. Again when he really didn't have to.

Alexander should do the same. Instead of worrying about Bradley and making an issue about 50-50 split when there was never an issue. He should be giving Kotelnik an immediate rematch. Why is he not pushing for this? Why are the fans not really pushing for this?

This what separates true greatness from just being good. It separates the boys for the men. This was why Floyd was considered a HOF'er before becoming "money" while Alexander might just end up being a good fighter from his era but falls short of HOF status.
    Hey, I was there live and I honestly felt like he lost the fight. I'm with this here. He and him team may not be at the moment, but as a fan of this dude since he was a teenaged kid, I'm with this. Kotelnik fought a very good fight and my hats are off to the dude.

Comment

In a perfect world that's what would happen next, and Alexander seems like the kind of dude that would normally do that, but after all that s### talkin he did about Bradley, he has to fight him next or it would look bad. He's burnt his bridges in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
        Hey, I was there live and I honestly felt like he lost the fight. I'm with this here. He and him team may not be at the moment, but as a fan of this dude since he was a teenaged kid, I'm with this. Kotelnik fought a very good fight and my hats are off to the dude.
        I thought Kotelnik won the fight. He should prove his superiority if he truly is superior and was just an off night and give Kotelnkik a rematch. And, prove that he is decisively better if he truly is. Especially since Amir Khan didn't have any trouble with Kotelnik

People can **** on Floyd all they want but when Floyd had a close fight he had a rematch to remove all doubt. If Alexander ever wants to be on that level he should do the same.

Comment

Considering he doesnt have half the talent Floyd did at the time he fought Castillo. It might just be a good idea to move on and fight the Number 1 guy in the division. Which is who Castillo was.

Bradley is the Number 1 guy. Fight him.

He also didnt have a hurt rotator cuff. Which means he just overall struggled.

Floyd wasnt healthy the first fight.

If he fights Kotelnik the outcome will be the same.
          Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 08-18-2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            I thought Kotelnik won the fight. He should prove his superiority if he truly is superior and was just an off night and give Kotelnkik a rematch. And, prove that he is decisively better if he truly is. Especially since Amir Khan didn't have any trouble with Kotelnik

People can **** on Floyd all they want but when Floyd had a close fight he had a rematch to remove all doubt. If Alexander ever wants to be on that level he should do the same.
            Oh yea, I agree all around the board with you. I really feel like Kotelnik deserves another fight with Devon after what I seen with my own two eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
              In a perfect world that's what would happen next, and Alexander seems like the kind of dude that would normally do that, but after all that s### talkin he did about Bradley, he has to fight him next or it would look bad. He's burnt his bridges in that regard.
              I think if he fights anybody else not named Kotelnik or Bradley he would look bad. But, if he chose to rematch Kotelnik over Bradley fans would understand since the majority of them think Kotelnik won.

Comment

I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Considering he doesnt have half the talent Floyd did at the time he fought Castillo. It might just be a good idea to move on and fight the Number 1 guy in the division. Which is who Castillo was.

Bradley is the Number 1 guy. Fight him.
                  Him not having the same talent or half the talent that Floyd had doesn't mean nothing in this case. The point is, it was a close fight where many thought that he lost, therefore, give the dude an immediate rematch and erase the doubt.

Comment

In an ideal world, that's what would happen. Too bad it's not.

Comment

Working...
                    X