No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ohara Davies: I Want Maurice Hooker, Flanagan Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ohara Davies: I Want Maurice Hooker, Flanagan Beat Him

OHARA DAVIES will now face WBC international super-lightweight champion Paul Kamanga at o2 Arena on June 23. The controversial Londoner now faces the African after Josh Leather pulled out of their ght claiming he was taking break from boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm impressed that this guy stepped up hugely to fight Josh Taylor when Anthony Yarde hasnt even stepped up a little. Taking real challenges is what it takes for me to be a fan of a fighter. I wish Davies all the luck in the world.....hopefully he can get a big fight.
    Last edited by richardt; 06-14-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      I'm impressed that this guy stepped up hugely to fight Josh Taylor when Anthony Yarde hasnt even stepped up a little. Taking real challenges is what it takes for me to be a fan of a fighter. I wish Davies all the luck in the world.....hopefully he can get a big fight.
      He's limited and doesn't deserve a world title shot. Taylor absolutely exposed him and had him scurrying round like a ferret on fire.

Why should a guy who legitimately just gave up in that fight and who isn't even currently ranked in the top 15 by any org get even so much as a voluntary title shot?

Taylor is ranked 14th in the WBO and is ten times the fighter Davies is. Let him try and avenge that loss before even inclinating that he is worthy of a "big" fight.

Comment

Hooker won the fight against Flanagan. Flanagan's tactics were wrong and he deserved to lose. Also, during the commentary, John Rawling said he heard a rumour Hooker kicked Davies' arse in sparring in the Mayweather gym. That's probably true, Davies is average and his mouths a lot bigger than his actual talent.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          This is one of Taylor's two big wins and like you said, Davies was stepping up. I guess Vazquez is Taylor's best win, but Vazquez was a B class mauler @ 135. Taylor needs to do a little stepping up himself before I'm sold.

Comment

Are the Brits going to start an alternate reality narrative that Flanagan got robbed?

Maurice Hooker beat him fair and square, close but clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Are the Brits going to start an alternate reality narrative that Flanagan got robbed?

Maurice Hooker beat him fair and square, close but clear.
              Definitely wasn’t a robbery and Flanagan was lucky not to get a point deducted early on but it was a good fight worthy of a rematch. I’d like to know how Terry would have got on without the cuts.

Comment

Not sure if Davies was blinded but no way did Flanagan deserves the win.

Comment

hooker clearly won imo

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    He's limited and doesn't deserve a world title shot. Taylor absolutely exposed him and had him scurrying round like a ferret on fire.

Why should a guy who legitimately just gave up in that fight and who isn't even currently ranked in the top 15 by any org get even so much as a voluntary title shot?

Taylor is ranked 14th in the WBO and is ten times the fighter Davies is. Let him try and avenge that loss before even inclinating that he is worthy of a "big" fight.
                    I'm not saying an immediate shot...work his way up. But I like guys who are willing to expose themselves or get exposed as opposed to guys who wont face serious competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X