No announcement yet.

Linares doesnt have a single good win on his resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linares doesnt have a single good win on his resume

This guy literally hasnt beaten a B- fighter his whole career and considering hes been lightweight champion for 4 years is pathetic
    Only guy who was decent and in their prime was Antonio Demarco and Linares got TKO'd

Id say Linares is the most overrated boxer today, he shouldnt even be a title holder and his resume makes Adrien Broners look like a ATG.

He is a manufactured champion, nothing more

That's what I've been indicating.
    He was made famous by this Micky mouse guy,
    who has penchant for fighting guys casuals haven't heard of.
    Who would have thought Lipinets existed?

Comment

Loma has no good wins either. Rigo was way smaller and like 40 years old.

Jason Sosa was a pizza chef.

Comment

And so the excuses begin...

He is recognised as the best lightweight with Mikey for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          And so the excuses begin...

He is recognised as the best lightweight with Mikey for a reason
          Of course they're already making excuses. Somehow Linares vs Garcia was the fight everyone wanted at 135 but now Linares is a bum with no good wins. And if Lomachenko loses, he's a hype job who lost to a bum.

Comment

Yeah, I've never understood why he's rated so highly by some. Like Khan, he's a talented but flawed fighter. Although he hasn't even proven himself to be on the level of someone like Khan IMO as his best wins aren't as impressive and he's been stopped by lesser opposition.

Comment

This isnt a thread about Loma vs Linares because Im certain Loma will beat him handily
              Its about Linares and his shockingly bad resume, how do you beat a bunch of C level guys and become a long reigning champion. He has to be the most protected 'champion' in recent memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                Loma has no good wins either. Rigo was way smaller and like 40 years old.

Jason Sosa was a pizza chef.

Walters is a bum and Russel jr is a can and was too green I guess (while Loma was super experienced for his 3rd pro fight)

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                  This isnt a thread about Loma vs Linares because Im certain Loma will beat him handily
                  Its about Linares and his shockingly bad resume, how do you beat a bunch of C level guys and become a long reigning champion. He has to be the most protected 'champion' in recent memory.
                  I also think linares has a weak resume, but I'm not exactly sure if it was because of him ducking particular fighters or if the weight class was just really weak in recent years.

Mitchell and campbell were lower top 10 and crolla was top 5 if I remember correctly. other than that no notable wins since his loss against Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                    Same way Adrien Broner beat a list of C level fighters to win a title in 4 weight classes. Too many titles and not enough talent to fill the need for so many.

Comment

Working...
                    X