Group apologizes for trying to "cure" gays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    That's what I'm thinking

There's no increase in gays, it's just that its more socially acceptable to be one nowadays.

Obviously, religious folks see it differently. That's why they tryna stamp out gay rights.

They think the more socially acceptable it is, the more people will "convert" to ****sexuality.

I think by suppressing it, by constantly telling people how wrong it is, only makes things worse.
    Yea, it's hilarious to me the way they think men will convert to being gay. Under no circumstances ever will I do anything gay, can't do it. I dont' care the money, the threats...I can't.

I'm not sucking a *** for a million dollars, can't do it. It's the most repulsive thing I could ever think of doing...well outside some real sick **** but you get the idea.

Comment

This group should have been cured from being christian.

Comment

I read a quote from the head of this gay cure group:

"I cannot apologize for my beliefs about marriage. But I do not have any desire to fight you on your beliefs or the rights that you seek. My beliefs about these things will never again interfere with God’s command to love my neighbor as I love myself."
        This is the definition of tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Sure, most ancient civilizations see ****sexuality as immoral and most of them come from a religious perspective. There are other religions other than Christianity....
          Was speaking on a smaller/more ancient scale, tribes who's main focus was merely to survive.

This logic just leaves me scratching my head asking if you are even serious to contemplate something so ridiculous. Over population doesn't affect many people on a personal level. I mean, unless you are living in the slums of Mumbai, you don't see over population as a force in your life.
          Sure, its not a problem.... yet. But the day will come when it is going to be a huge problem (outgrowing our resources).

Also, I support abortion not to control the population, that's absurd and not even possible. I support it because I don't meddle in women's lives and what they should do with their bodies.
          Its her right to allow a penis to bust inside of her. Its not her right to end another's life.

Nobody advocates murder, that was my point. We do it to defend ourselves, punish those who have broken the law or in war but those are much different circumstances. Murder is never a good thing when it stands on it's own without rhyme or reason.
          First, id like to differentiate between murder and killing. Whats the difference between murder and killkng, besides skme greasy politician pandering to his political base by passing a law?
          Secondly, you do advocate murder... you just advocated abortion. You advocate, based on your own justification.

Rubbish because you disagree with them...lol way to have an open mind.
          Its ridiculous. I'm willing to understand/believe that gay parents are just as good as straight parents, but to base it all on GPA is funk absurd. What about mental issues, confusion about identity, etc.

Its all yet to be determined IMO, and anybody who determines it based solely on GPA is crazy, especially when the school systems are a joke anyways. Anybody can crack a whip on their kid, be Nazi parents, etc.

It is but religion has also showed to not be a positive force as you were brought up to think. It's very divisive, it's exclusive to those that don't share your personal beliefs and it also motivates people to do horrible things.

All I'm saying is, way too much is being dismissed.

An ideology can be good or bad, but when people believe in some super natural crazy stuff, it's most often bad.
          Cool story bro
          Last edited by ~AK49~; 06-20-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X