Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin hagler impossible to knock out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also does weight gain have a massive impact on being able to take a punch? You gain a bigger neck and traps that act as shock absorbers which help but the head pretty much stays the same

Comment

No matter how much red k Barnburner gives me, Ray Robinson would beat him worse than Leonard did. Maybe stop him.

As for heavyweights. Holyfield would hit too hard for him. Weight classes exist for a reason.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
      also does weight gain have a massive impact on being able to take a punch? You gain a bigger neck and traps that act as shock absorbers which help but the head pretty much stays the same
      More weight = more mass for the force to dissipate over.

Yes, weight plays a fairly major role at the professional level.
      Last edited by Capaedia; 01-29-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Foreman would spark him cold, and many others would have as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          To be fair that challenge was ridiculous. Hagler is 5ft8ish and for Spinks to challenge such a small and stable Middleweight was ridiculous. 15 pounds man it's a lot, and that's without factoring in the fact Spinks was a great fighter.
          A great fighter with dynamite in both hands, not really someone you want too be moving up against.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
            those first big punches probably hurt but hagler was never HURT, as in his senses went and his legs loosened. I think he took some mean shots and grabbed out of instinct, i dont agree that he was dazed at all
            Yeah I did say he recovered and almost instantly sort of like evander Holyfield but he was obviously hurt but I'm only talking about 15 seconds max, even after the clinch haggler throws some very uncoordinated left bombs and squares up a lot I think he was hurt he just had a great recovery like Holyfield
            Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 01-30-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Hagler could not take the average heavyweight's punch.....yet he still has one of the absolute best chins in history.

Cyclone Hart, John Mugabi, and Thomas Hearns are three of the lb4lb hardest punching fighters in history.....and they never really hurt Marvin. Buzzed him a bit, but nothing dramatic or precarious.

Sugar Ray Robinson would not have stopped him. Hagler was too good all around along with that historic chin.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                Hagler could not take the average heavyweight's punch.....yet he still has one of the absolute best chins in history.

Cyclone Hart, John Mugabi, and Thomas Hearns are three of the lb4lb hardest punching fighters in history.....and they never really hurt Marvin. Buzzed him a bit, but nothing dramatic or precarious.

Sugar Ray Robinson would not have stopped him. Hagler was too good all around along with that historic chin.
                Good post can't really disagree with that , end thread

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  No matter how much red k Barnburner gives me, Ray Robinson would beat him worse than Leonard did. Maybe stop him.
                  reported..

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post

No matter how much red k Capaedia gives me, Hagler beats Robinson worse than Fullmer, Basilio, and Turpin did. Maybe even stop him.

Comment

on a julian jackson thread, ppl agreed that jackson could knockout most heavyweights but ppl also think hagler could take jacksons punches??? same goes for tommy hearns. Its got be 1 or the other then. I might have gone a bit far with foreman but i rekon hagler could take punches off most HWs and if he was knocked out it would be a late TKO, i cant see the average HW knocking him out cold. Most of the great middleweights are just skinny HWs

Comment

Working...
                      X