Collapse
No announcement yet.

My theory to what happens after death

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we keep living in denial and pretending that we are never going to die? life is already pretty depressing in itself.... thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
      It's odd to find these subjects at this forum, but here we go... This is the True Christian view condensed..

GOD created everything that is, was , will ever be and shared His Love & Life with his creation... Lucifer coveted God's creation for himself ... He deceived 1/3 of the Angels into believing they could take this for themselves (SELF serving) They failed and were cast from Heaven.. GOD created a place for them only "The Lake of Fire" ...

The deception that worked on 1/3 of the Angels, also worked on us. (Adam & Eve) Now Satan and his angels (Demons) temp us with what worked on them... SELF serving desires...

Fortunately, God came to Earth as a man, (Jesus) withstood every temptation of Satan and his Demons and traded His perfect Life for our sinful ones...

His example was completely opposite of Satans... Jesus gave up the Throne and sacrificed Himself out of LOVE... Now He returned to Heaven overcoming Death itself and will forgive all in humanity that seek His forgiveness through the Blood of His Sacrifice...

So the choice is there for us all... Choose who to follow... The SELF serving example of Lucifer and his Demons or GOD's SELF LESS example of Jesus with our acceptance of His Sacrifice in exchange for our sins...

Choose SELF and go to the place created solely for Lucifer and his Demons "The Lake of Fire" with everyone else who chooses SELF... Choose to accept Jesus SELF LESS Sacrifice and be with everyone else who also choose Jesus in Heaven... Be sincere and pray, why limit yourself ? Fear of prayer is illogical...
      Pretty much it, God bless you all

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        I just thought, if Jesus could come back to life, then what did he sacrifice?

I mean, if you are God, then being crucified is a piece of cake.
        I'll tell you from my perspective, I'm not very knowledgeable about it all but I'll give you what I think is the answer to that, it may be a bit long but do read on:

I believe the horrible, inhumane suffering the Lord went through had to be achieved no matter what, because that was the payment he did for our sins. Jesus said praying once in the Garden of Gethsemane where he was apprehended "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Meaning his humane self knew he was gonna go through hell, but there was no other way to save humanity besides this great showing of love.

And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.” Although this medical condition is relatively rare, according to Dr. Frederick Zugibe (Chief Medical Examiner of Rockland County, New York) it is well-known, and there have been many cases of it. The clinical term is “hematohidrosis.” “Around the sweat glands, there are multiple blood vessels in a net-like form.” Under the pressure of great stress the vessels constrict. Then as the anxiety passes “the blood vessels dilate to the point of rupture. The blood goes into the sweat glands.” As the sweat glands are producing a lot of sweat, it pushes the blood to the surface - coming out as droplets of blood mixed with sweat.

What was the source of Jesus great stress and anguish? Clearly he was in intense spiritual agony. Being the Son of God, he would have in detail everything that was about to happen to him. He knew that he was physically facing one of the most horrible forms of capital punishment there has ever been. His body was human, and he would feel everything at least as intensely as we would. Was this the source of his severe stress? It is doubtful.

The really great weight upon Jesus was the knowledge that he would soon bear the terrible trauma of taking the guilt for all of our sins upon him—my sins and yours. He knew that under this weight of sin, the Father would forsake him and thus he would endure a form of hell itself for lost sinners.

As powerful as Jesus is, he could easily have avoided all of this and simply disappeared. He could have brought down a legion of angels to protect him. He could have made his skin impenetrable. He could have anesthetized his pain so that he felt nothing. But he chose to do none of these things. Rather, he willingly chose to genuinely be “wounded for our transgressions” and “bruised for our iniquities” so that he could truly pay for our sins and suffer human death.

“…He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.” (Isaiah 53:5,7, NKJV)

Comment

Why did Jesus first refuse, and then drink the vinegar offered at the cross?

Bob Prichard

Topic(s): Jesus

Matthew records that as Jesus went to the cross, They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink< (Matthew 27:34). Mark described the drink as wine mingled with myrrh (Mark 15:23). The drink offered to Jesus was a cheap Roman vinegar wine, which had a drug mixed in to dull the senses. It was the custom of the Romans to offer a man being crucified drugged wine so that he might more easily endure his cross. Jesus refused the wine, however, apparently so that He could go through his suffering with a clear mind.

As He neared death, Jesus said, I thirst (John 19:28). One of the prominent effects of crucifixion was overpowering thirst because of the loss of body fluids through open body wounds and perspiration. David prophesied this Messianic event, saying They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink (Psalm 69:21). John understood that Jesus was conscious of fulfilling scripture. After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst (John 19:28). One of the great heresies in the early church was the idea that Jesus was not really human, but as Jesus fulfilled this scripture, He showed that He was truly human and truly deity.

Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a sponge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost (John 19:29-30). Being at the point of death, Jesus wished to say His final words. His parched lips and throat needed moisture, so he accepted the vinegar.

The vinegar wine was offered to Jesus as they filled a sponge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. Hyssop was of extreme significance to the Jews, because it would remind the Jews of the first Passover night when each household among the Israelites in Egypt slew a perfect lamb and put the blood on the doorpost so that the death angel would pass over the houses of the Israelites. Moses had commanded the Israelites, Ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the basin; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning (Exodus 12:22). It was the blood of the Passover lamb that saved the Israelites from death. On the cross, the perfect Lamb of God gave His life's blood to save mankind.

His last words from the cross were It is finished. Jesus came to serve and to carry out the will of the Father. In His life, ministry, and death, He perfectly fulfilled the will of His heavenly Father, and made the perfect sacrifice for mankind. Angels before the throne of God praise Christ's sacrificial love, Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing (Revelation 5:12).

Comment

Ok, basically, although Jesus was God, he was also human, and therefore suffered as a human.
            Being crucified ****ing hurt like a muth****a!

The whole concept of him having to suffer for our sins is still absurd to me. Totally nonsensical.
            Plus it didnt work.
            We're all gonna burn in hell.

Comment

I'm convinced ALL religion is created to keep us looking stupid.

Christianity, Catholism, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc etc etc

Countless people in this world believe in various religion and they are 100% certain that they're religion is the correct one.

And when disagreements happen between religions (which they inevitably do) wars and chaos starts.

Why can't believing in a hire being/beings just be enough without all of the extra razzle dazzle? The razzle dazzle is where the trouble lies.

Comment

Ok, basically, although Jesus was God, he was also human, and therefore suffered as a human.
                Being crucified ****ing hurt like a muth****a!

The whole concept of him having to suffer for our sins is still absurd to me. Totally nonsensical.
                Plus it didnt work.
                We're all gonna burn in hell.
                It did work my friend, you can be with the Lord in Heaven for the rest of eternity, the first step of this gift he did to us, is accepting that we are sinners and that we cannot save ourselves, accepting that Jesus died for our sins.

The main reason Jesus had to die for all, is because only the blood of a saint was acceptable. We are all sinners, so we weren't eligible for what he did, which is being crucified at the cross. Jesus was tempted like we all have, but he persisted and didn't sin when he was in the desert alone with Lucifer:

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. 3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”

4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”[a]

5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’

and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
                Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”[b]

7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’”[c]

8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[e]

11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Buddy, the devil is so smart he used the bible against Jesus himself.

I never forget the intro speech of a Suffocation song, Funeral Inception:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Life is easier to live when you sacrifice nothing.

Which would you choose?

Going to drink and party with your friends after dark, or staying at home reading the bible and praying to the Lord?

You met a hot girl not long ago and she wants you to come over and have some fun friday night, or going to church where mostly there aren't that many young people like us to listen to the pastor talk about the bible?

"From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it"

Give God a chance, pray to him and ask him from the bottom of your heart to reveal himself to you in one way or another, to show you the path and I assure you he will, sooner or later, but he will.

Last edited by Mighty_Windir; 03-11-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                  It did work my friend
                  It didnt because the majority of the world arent Christians. And the majority of Christians are Christian in name only.

Hell will be seriously overcrowded. I wouldnt call that a victory.

you can be with the Lord in Heaven for the rest of eternity, the first step of this gift he did to us, is accepting that we are sinners and that we cannot save ourselves, accepting that Jesus died for our sins.
                  It really makes no sense whatsoever. Eternity, heaven, a 'gift', sin, and accepting a mythical fable as truth...its all absurd. IMO.

I never forget the intro speech of a Suffocation song, Funeral Inception:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."
                  Charles Baudelaire wrote that quote in the 1800's.

Lots of people believe the devil exists, but it doesnt stop them from acting like ****s.

Comment

It didnt because the majority of the world arent Christians. And the majority of Christians are Christian in name only.
                    "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Hell will be seriously overcrowded. I wouldnt call that a victory.
                    Although God did died for our sins, we have free will, whether we want to follow God or not, that is up to us, he paved the way and is showing us how in the bible, but like I said before, it is easier to live life without sarificing anything.

It really makes no sense whatsoever. Eternity, heaven, a 'gift', sin, and accepting a mythical fable as truth...its all absurd. IMO.

Charles Baudelaire wrote that quote in the 1800's.

Lots of people believe the devil exists, but it doesnt stop them from acting like ****s.
                    My friend I know it all sounds Illogical, very hard to believe indeed.

A lot of people in his time didn't believe in Jesus when he was preaching, some said: "This is the Messiah!" others said: "No, he fools the people"

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

"Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen."

Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. 2 Faith is the reason we remember great people who lived in the past.

3 It is by faith we understand that the whole world was made by God’s command so what we see was made by something that cannot be seen.

4 It was by faith that Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. God said he was pleased with the gifts Abel offered and called Abel a good man because of his faith. Abel died, but through his faith he is still speaking.

5 It was by faith that Enoch was taken to heaven so he would not die. He could not be found, because God had taken him away. Before he was taken, the Scripture says that he was a man who truly pleased God. 6 Without faith no one can please God. Anyone who comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who truly want to find him.

7 It was by faith that Noah heard God’s warnings about things he could not yet see. He obeyed God and built a large boat to save his family. By his faith, Noah showed that the world was wrong, and he became one of those who are made right with God through faith.

8 It was by faith Abraham obeyed God’s call to go to another place God promised to give him. He left his own country, not knowing where he was to go. 9 It was by faith that he lived like a foreigner in the country God promised to give him. He lived in tents with Isaac and Jacob, who had received that same promise from God. 10 Abraham was waiting for the city[a] that has real foundations—the city planned and built by God.

11 He was too old to have children, and Sarah could not have children. It was by faith that Abraham was made able to become a father, because he trusted God to do what he had promised.[b] 12 This man was so old he was almost dead, but from him came as many descendants as there are stars in the sky. Like the sand on the seashore, they could not be counted.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      can we keep living in denial and pretending that we are never going to die? life is already pretty depressing in itself.... thank you
                      That's what im saying...

Comment

Working...
                      X