Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Promoter: Wilder Can't Be Delusional With 50-50 Demand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
    He’s the money man in the division

Making 10times what the other champs are making

You know what I’m saying though .... pac vs floyd everyone saying pac is pricing himself out etc when wilder asks for half share it’s cool and aj is ducking
    Even Floyd agreed to a 50/50 split (but Pacquiao then ducked the drug testing.)

So if Joshua won't face Wilder unless he accepts 35% then that's some bull.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      You're wrong. Wilder will get more than 35%. Parker got almost 35% and Wilder is a much bigger star than Parker, has a much more valuable belt than Parker, and opens up a much more lucrative market than Parker. Wilder will get 40%

Correct. It'll be a 60/40 split.
      Wilder deserve what Parker got, no more no less.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Even Parker didn't get 35% why would Wilder cash out more? Delusional fans of bird legs strike again.

Comment

They're talking like Wilder is gonna win the fight Ortiz. Either the fix is already in or they are seriously underestimating Ortiz. Which will be disastrous

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Floyd did not just agree to a 50/50 split. The demands were more than that. And Floyd declined how many times? This isnt a debate you wanna get into with me. There is this thing called google...endless videos and news links can be given to help you get the picture. But at this point youre pretty much stuck on stupid so i wont wast anymore of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              Floyd did not just agree to a 50/50 split. The demands were more than that. And Floyd declined how many times? This isnt a debaate you wanna get into with me. There is this thing called google...endless videos and news links can be given to help you get the picture. But at this point youre pretty much stuck on stupid so i wont wast anymore of your time.
              Floyd agreed to 50/50. Pacquiao ducked because of random drug testing and he was afraid of needles and what not. Now he's fighting TBA.

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                Thank you for your opinion. I'm going to assume, based on your opinion, that you have absolutely no experience negotiating fights and zero understanding of how this business works.

Wilder is a much bigger star than Parker, Wilder has the most valuable belt while Parker has the least valuable belt, and Wilder brings the US market to the table while Parker brings the New Zealand market to the table.

There is absolutely no doubt Wilder will get a better percentage than Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                  Who cares, just make the fight. 55-45 or whatever. Hearn had no intention on making this fight now, so he's lying on what killed the fight.
                  Negotiate in private so the real fans can debate with other real fans and not these accountants on the internet. Boxing is the only sport where the fans argue about the purses for the match. I don't care about the split or how many fans you can fill in your country. I care about the fight, in the ring.
                  Fans care about the split because they know it's the split that makes or breaks whether the fight it made.

I don't particularly give a **** who gets how much, but I'm not going to be an ignorant tool and pretend it isn't a massive part of the deal. And fans debate accordingly, because it matters.

Great that you've shared your stance, now if you don't like discussing it, slip into the background and the rest of us will carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    WBC >>>>>>>>WBO

Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                      Fans care about the split because they know it's the split that makes or breaks whether the fight it made.

I don't particularly give a **** who gets how much, but I'm not going to be an ignorant tool and pretend it isn't a massive part of the deal. And fans debate accordingly, because it matters.

Great that you've shared your stance, now if you don't like discussing it, slip into the background and the rest of us will carry on.
                      This is not a fight though where the split will hold anything up. Both sides know it's a 60/40 fight. The only hold up is that Hearn is very smart and he knows Wilder is the riskiest possible fight for AJ, and therefore, it made way more sense as AJ's third fight of the year instead of being his first fight of the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X