Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox denies Vitali's claim that his mom told him no rematch: I beat him at my worst

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't revisited this fight in quite some time. I seem to remember Lewis being a bit fatigued at the end of the 6th, but Vitali being more visibly hurt or groggy. Given how great Lewis was in re-matches, he'd have been the logical pick but it's possible he didn't have the hunger after the Tyson fight since that's the last fight that really kept him going.

Vitali has became tremendously overrated IMO. Never unified, never really beat anyone that good but was solid as a rock and awkward. You don't rank guys based on who'd mythically win head to head you do so on career achievements and accomplishments. Heavyweight may be the most difficult to measure head-to-head matches but it's probably the easiest to rank on career and accomplishments and Vitali wouldn't even be considered for top 20 by historians. I'm not saying he wasn't a good fighter but his career is overblown and his best achievement is a legitimate stoppage loss. How he's in the hall of fame is crazy to me. I guess he's better than Gatti..

Comment

Working...
    X