No announcement yet.

***The Official 2018-2019 nba thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
    With Cousins this is getting scary. Warriors might not lose another 5 games for the rest of the year. FUUUUCKING DO SOMETHING ADAM SILVER
    The problem you have is they acquired 3 of their 5 all stars through the draft. You can’t punish them for being smart and successful both on and off the court. It’s not like they’ve broken any rules

Hopefully KD goes east to NYK this off season and things are back to being even again.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      The problem you have is they acquired 3 of their 5 all stars through the draft. You can’t punish them for being smart and successful both on and off the court. It’s not like they’ve broken any rules

Hopefully KD goes east to NYK this off season and things are back to being even again.
      You could make a rule where you can't have 4 or more players that have been in an an Allstar game the last 2 years.

Even tho it sounds petty the rule stopping AD from going to Boston is even worse. Can't have 2 players on the same team who got Rose Deal extentions on their rookie deals. Kyrie and AD both do. Idk how they are still on rookie deals smh

Comment

You could make a rule where you can't have 4 or more players that have been in an an Allstar game the last 2 years.

Even tho it sounds petty the rule stopping AD from going to Boston is even worse. Can't have 2 players on the same team who got Rose Deal extentions on their rookie deals. Kyrie and AD both do. Idk how they are still on rookie deals smh
        Yeah that rose rule seems confounding. I’d actually never came across it before until the start of this season.

I like your rule in theory but what happens if a team drafts 4 players in consecutive seasons that all go on to be multi time all stars, would they be forced to trade a player they acquired fairly. Say GSW took Drummond instead of Barnes in 2012 or George instead of Udoh in 2010, I know they are extreme examples but how would that rule work then? How would it work with vets as well, say Vince Carter wants to join the Warriors would that not be allowed?

I think the responsibility falls on the players, you can’t blame teams for trying to acquire as much talent as possible. LeBron and Bosh joining Wade in Miami started all this IMO. The media has to take responsibility as well, they put way too much emphasis on winning rings. That’s what influences guys like KD, Cousins to make these kind of weak moves. No player wants to be sat in Charles Barkley’s seat 10 years from now being goaded by Shaq while he flashes his 4 rings at him😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
          AD just demanded a trade Before the deadline.

No list of preferred destinations though.
          This is the best thing for NOrleans. Davis is gone at the end of the season anyways, if they trade him now, at least they get something out of it. Might be a tricky deal if it happens because a lot of teams won't want to give up a lot for someone that may leave with free agency at the end of the season. Even if it is a player as good as Davis.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Yeah that rose rule seems confounding. I’d actually never came across it before until the start of this season.

I like your rule in theory but what happens if a team drafts 4 players in consecutive seasons that all go on to be multi time all stars, would they be forced to trade a player they acquired fairly. Say GSW took Drummond instead of Barnes in 2012 or George instead of Udoh in 2010, I know they are extreme examples but how would that rule work then? How would it work with vets as well, say Vince Carter wants to join the Warriors would that not be allowed?

I think the responsibility falls on the players, you can’t blame teams for trying to acquire as much talent as possible. LeBron and Bosh joining Wade in Miami started all this IMO. The media has to take responsibility as well, they put way too much emphasis on winning rings. That’s what influences guys like KD, Cousins to make these kind of weak moves. No player wants to be sat in Charles Barkley’s seat 10 years from now being goaded by Shaq while he flashes his 4 rings at him����
            Yeah it's not as easy to enforce. It really is on the players. I mean we've had stacked teams throughout history but none at this level. 5 freakin allstars man. it really sucks man because if Boston could trade for AD and keep Kyrie they'd easily have the best chance. Im not big on him going to LA. I really don't want that shiiiit show. Plus the media will crucify AD if LA loses like every other lebron teammate if they fail

Comment

Dude are you serious. Cousins is an Allstar Center. Do you even watch basketball lmao career averages of 21 and 11. But makes no difference. Sixers aren't even gonna win the eastern conference.
              You’re talking ancient history

Post Achilles Boogie is not a difference maker

If they stay healthy, GSW will win because of Steph, KD, Klay & Draymond

Rest are fillers

Comment

Yeah it's not as easy to enforce. It really is on the players. I mean we've had stacked teams throughout history but none at this level. 5 freakin allstars man. it really sucks man because if Boston could trade for AD and keep Kyrie they'd easily have the best chance. Im not big on him going to LA. I really don't want that shiiiit show. Plus the media will crucify AD if LA loses like every other lebron teammate if they fail
                Yeah I don’t wanna see him go LA either. I doubt they get him tbh, the rumoured deal is Ball/Kuzma/Zubac and a 1st round. What do the Pels get out of that? Holiday is far better than Ball IMO, they have good depth at the 4/5 with Mirotic and Randle so they don’t desperately need Kuzma, and Zubac although young and improving is hardly a fitting replacement for AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                  You’re talking ancient history

Post Achilles Boogie is not a difference maker

If they stay healthy, GSW will win because of Steph, KD, Klay & Draymond

Rest are fillers
                  Dude he hasn't even been cleared for more than 25min yet and he put up 22 and 6 last night lol If he was playing his usual 30-40 min it would be like before the injury 30-12. He hasn't show any sign of slow down from the injury since hes been back.

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Yeah I don’t wanna see him go LA either. I doubt they get him tbh, the rumoured deal is Ball/Kuzma/Zubac and a 1st round. What do the Pels get out of that? Holiday is far better than Ball IMO, they have good depth at the 4/5 with Mirotic and Randle so they don’t desperately need Kuzma, and Zubac although young and improving is hardly a fitting replacement for AD.
                  Yeah all these laker fans, I mean lebron fans hype as hell for no reason. They act like they are the only team with a good deal to give.

Comment

Dude he hasn't even been cleared for more than 25min yet and he put up 22 and 6 last night lol If he was playing his usual 30-40 min it would be like before the injury 30-12. He hasn't show any sign of slow down from the injury since hes been back.

Yeah all these laker fans, I mean lebron fans hype as hell for no reason. They act like they are the only team with a good deal to give.
                    The Celtics could offer a far better package, especially considering the amount of first round picks they could have this year
                    Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 01-29-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      This is the best thing for NOrleans. Davis is gone at the end of the season anyways, if they trade him now, at least they get something out of it. Might be a tricky deal if it happens because a lot of teams won't want to give up a lot for someone that may leave with free agency at the end of the season. Even if it is a player as good as Davis.
                      Do you think anyone can/will offer a good enough package though?

If I was the NO Pels, I’d hold out until July 1st to see what the Celtics have to offer

Comment

Working...
                      X