Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Andre Ward II: who will you be rooting for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral. Just want a good fair fight. Wouldnt mind a stream though if anyone has one for me

Comment

• I'll also be rooting for Flores to beat Rigondeaux.

That would be great for boxing!!!

Comment

• I re-watched Froch-Ward and Kovalev-Ward.

- Ward looked better against Froch, he clearly won about 116-112. Froch looked weaker than usual (no PEDs for that one because he was tested in the USA?).

- Kovalev was not impressive in rounds 6 to 9, but neither was Ward.
        - Both were tired in rounds 10-12. Kovalev found some energy reserves and won the 10th and arguably the 12th.
        - I had Kovalev winning 116-111, giving Ward 4 close rounds and giving Kovalev 2 close rounds. 117-110 is also a good scorecard, giving each of them 3 of the 6 close rounds.
        - If you give Ward ALL of the closer rounds, Kovalev still wins 114-113.
        - The rounds Ward won were all close, while 6 of the rounds Kovalev won were clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brynden Tully View Post
          I re-watched Froch-Ward and Kovalev-Ward.

- Ward looked better against Froch, he clearly won about 116-112. Froch looked weaker than usual (no PEDs for that one because he was tested in the USA?).

- Kovalev was not impressive in rounds 6 to 9, but neither was Ward.
          - Both were tired in rounds 10-12. Kovalev found some energy reserves and won the 10th and arguably the 12th.
          - I had Kovalev winning 116-111, giving Ward 4 close rounds and giving Kovalev 2 close rounds. 117-110 is also a good scorecard, giving each of them 3 of the 6 close rounds.
          - If you give Ward ALL of the closer rounds, Kovalev still wins 114-113.
          - The rounds Ward won were all close, while 6 of the rounds Kovalev won were clear.
          ... I t was a draw at most (because one has to take into account the local judges)... The Mayweathers both had it "a draw at most"...

Comment

Working...
          X