No announcement yet.

Pacquiao, enough is enough!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Its crazy to think that Manny started at 106 pounds and worked his way up, the guy is smaller than Mikey Garcia and is now 40 years old and in his prime would have given all the current top welterweights hell. I cant believe he still competes at that very top level, but come on, a killer like Spence or Crawford is not fair anymore.

Do people want to see exciting fights or bloodbaths? I think Mikey vs Thurman who is still a champion would be a great and close matchup, I hope this fight happens and if Manny loses that one decisively I hope he hangs em up.
    He is not smaller than Garcia, this mini Manny is BS he is a WW and Roach has said many times he has grown into a WW, look at Manny at 147 and Garcia at 145, dont confuse fat with muscle when talking size.

Manny gets all the kudos from fanboys for saying he wants to fight these guys, he and Roach both said they want Spence prior to the fight , now Spence has said ok lets do it, then it becomes Manny shouldnt fight these young lions , well dont challenge them to make out youre a hero , you cant have it both ways , put up or shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Which is why I keep saying...the fight for Manny to send him off properly AND get a decent payday is to rematch The Hornet in Brisbane.
      Would much rather have him retire than that

Comment

Seeing him in one more big fight is not bad also. He loses once more, then he should definitely retire

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          I'm not sure I want to see Manny fight either Spence or Crawford but he's thrown his hat in the ring still so if he's going to keep fighting he should be fighting the top guys.
          Manny has a warrior spirit.
          I think it's going to take going out on his shield to make him retire.
          Good or bad it is what he's going to do.
          I fully respect whoever he decides to fight next.
          Were all very privaliged being able to watch this ATG fight.
          Great post. One of your best! Green K sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
            He is not smaller than Garcia, this mini Manny is BS he is a WW and Roach has said many times he has grown into a WW, look at Manny at 147 and Garcia at 145, dont confuse fat with muscle when talking size.

Manny gets all the kudos from fanboys for saying he wants to fight these guys, he and Roach both said they want Spence prior to the fight , now Spence has said ok lets do it, then it becomes Manny shouldnt fight these young lions , well dont challenge them to make out youre a hero , you cant have it both ways , put up or shut up!
            technically, he IS smaller. BUT he's been fighting at ww for a long time so he's used to this weight, where as for mikey, that was his first fight at 147. Robert says mikey walks around at 152 or so. i dont think manny walks around at 150+..

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
              Seeing him in one more big fight is not bad also. He loses once more, then he should definitely retire
              big fight as in a floyd rematch, then yes! but big fights against these top young guys, im not gonna push for it anymore. why is manny the only one that gets treated unfairly?? he has earned the right to fight who he wants at this point!

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                So I see you're conceding Spence might be a little too much for a 40 year old Manny.

If he plans to keep on fighting he should stay away from Spence and/or Crawford.

Crawford would embarrass him and Spence would send him into retirement.
                i still stand firm that pac can beat spence. but i've always said it wont be a walk in the park. and i mean this for both guys!! i just feel at this point in manny's career, we shouldnt be trying to force him to fight these top young guys. but if he chooses too then i'll support him all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                  He is greedy for money. Let him go out like a lot of the greats did getting the cowboy piss beat out of him by a young lion.
                  if that's the case then he would be fighting bums and get $5-10 mil each fight.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Pac's best bet is to target Thurman next rather than later and make that his last fight. Forget Spence and Crawford, they may be a bridge too far.
                    honestly, i feel thurman (right now) is a bad match up for manny. one time is not who he used to be. thurman moves around way too much now. and i can see pac getting desperate and tired chasing him around and then getting caught with a shot as he's lunging in.

thurman can move and can still throw heavy blows. if manny pick thurman, i rather just have him fight spence instead. style wise, i feel pac will match up better with spence, a guy who comes to you and doesnt move all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                      big fight as in a floyd rematch, then yes! but big fights against these top young guys, im not gonna push for it anymore. why is manny the only one that gets treated unfairly?? he has earned the right to fight who he wants at this point!
                      Manny can do whatever he wants that's for sure. He's proven enough already and he's a legend. But there's just this intrigue sometimes. The what ifs. And it just seems like he still has something left. It would make you want to see how he fares up with these new generation fighters. But you're right he doesn't need to fight any of them anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X