No announcement yet.

Hustling Hat's training log

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hustling Hat's training log

Hi guys I thought I would use this to keep myself accountable in my training.

I use to compete competitively (armatures) and haven't been training for the past few years. I will spare you guys my issues but in the last few years life beat me down. Lost 2 people I cared about, spiralled into depression and alcohol abuse, lost my job and tried killing myself and lost the will to live.

I'm on the way to recovery in that regards and trying to build my life back up. My therapist suggested I focus on things post depressed me enjoy and training was one of them also my parents keep shoving Tyson Fury's story down my throat and they really think that the sport that I once loved can be a great tool. So that's' the reason for this log, to keep myself accountable.

I will be training boxing 3-4 times a week as well as weight training ( my body is a mess right now and I look like a starving crack addict). I will post all my workouts here and thoughts etc

Thank for reading

Today's gym workout

Deadlift: 5x4 with 130kg/286lbs and then worked up to 1x5 143kg/315lbs (which is a PB 5rm)

Deficit deadlift: 2x5 with 114kg/251lbs

Sumo Deadlift: 1x5 with 122kg/269lbs

5xRows
    4x DB rows
    5xpull ups

6 sets of Bicep work

As you can tell my goal is to become stronger and also put weight back on so I will be focusing on the compound lifts and running an athlete version of 5/3/1

Comment

Excellent

Originally posted by hustlinghat View Post
      Today's gym workout

Deadlift: 5x4 with 130kg/286lbs and then worked up to 1x5 143kg/315lbs (which is a PB 5rm)

Deficit deadlift: 2x5 with 114kg/251lbs

Sumo Deadlift: 1x5 with 122kg/269lbs

5xRows
      4x DB rows
      5xpull ups

6 sets of Bicep work

As you can tell my goal is to become stronger and also put weight back on so I will be focusing on the compound lifts and running an athlete version of 5/3/1
      Excellent man great to hear. You will do good and you will be over it in no time. Welcome to the boxing scene forums.

Comment

Keep posting here about your journey here. Here are many experts that will guide you and will give you valuable advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
          Keep posting here about your journey here. Here are many experts that will guide you and will give you valuable advise.
          Thanks man. I plan on posting here permanently and keeping this as a cyber training diary.

Any advice/ guidance from anyone will be much appreciated

Comment

Boxing training today

Warm up
            3 rounds on the pads with the trainer. Not happy with how this went, timing felt off and didn't have any pop. Trainer also commented that I was throwing lazy shots. Guess muscle memory isn't that fast.
            8 rounds on the bag focusing on my jab and footwork
            3 rounds shadow boxing in the mirror making sure I fully extended my shots.
            Circuit to end the session

Comment

Life can knock down even the toughest of us.

I wish you the best of luck on your road back up.

Comment

Great

Originally posted by hustlinghat View Post
                Boxing training today

Warm up
                3 rounds on the pads with the trainer. Not happy with how this went, timing felt off and didn't have any pop. Trainer also commented that I was throwing lazy shots. Guess muscle memory isn't that fast.
                8 rounds on the bag focusing on my jab and footwork
                3 rounds shadow boxing in the mirror making sure I fully extended my shots.
                Circuit to end the session
                Great keep it up man it will only be a matter of time that you will find your timing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Life can knock down even the toughest of us.

I wish you the best of luck on your road back up.
                  Thanks man. Means a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
                    Great keep it up man it will only be a matter of time that you will find your timing.
                    No doubts man. First session back after being unactive for nearly 2 years and locked in my room for months. Not surprised I sucked so bad.

Todays gym session

Bench: 5x5 with 63kg/139 lbs and then 1x5 with 65kg/143lbs

Paused Bench: 3x5 with 62kg/137lbs
                    3x pin press
                    3xDB Press
                    3xShoulder Press
                    3xDips
                    6xrolling tricep extensions

Did all of that in an hour....

I.AM.DEAD

Comment

Working...