No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Jacobs Jumped on Canelo Fight, GGG Not So Much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
    I think it's fair to say GGG won the first, and Canelo the 2nd. Both were close...
    Unfortunately tribalism, and bias are too strong in boxing fanhood for most to recognize this. Add in the ambiguity of scoring and the history of corruption in the sport, and you just get a bunch of fans throwing wild insults at each other and the competitors.

Which is a shame because these are two great fighters who gave us real fun fights.

Comment

i hope jacobs gets paid well because he will not win a decision v canelo, he may get a rematch if its close, which it prob will be

if i was golovkin i would be thinking, damn i beat that guy clear as day fight one and still didnt get the W, what would i have to do to get that decision? sorry it aint happening either

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        GGG never really jumped on the fight after the first one. GGG never jumped on the Jacobs rematch either. GGG is very similar to Crawford - they both like easy fights.
        I never looked at it that way. Well he's old enough to hang up the gloves now. He's made his money. And besides he's not KO'd an elite fighter either. Depends on how you view Kell Brook, Lemieux and Curtis Stevens.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
          I think it's fair to say GGG won the first, and Canelo the 2nd. Both were close...
          Dunno why people have such a hard time admitting this. Neither fighter was dominant in either fight. Respect to both of them for fighting their asses off.

Judges favored Canelo slightly, as would be expected, but neither was a clear robbery either.

People need to chill and enjoy these fights for what they are.

Comment

Of course it is easy to make a deal with Jacobs. Jacobs's purse expectations must be times lower than GGG's, Jacobs would probably be happy with 25%. In other words: DLH is not happy that GGG didn't roll over. Rightly so. I don't think he needs to fight Canelo anymore. Unless in Kazakhstan to even out the playing field

Comment

Jabkin needed to fight Canelo, especially after all that Mexican talk

he talked like Mike Tyson, but fought like Paulie Malignaggi

the funniest thing was that reporter after the fight, asking Golovkin if he thought Canelo fought like a Mexican

Comment

Originally posted by pedrito View Post
                Dunno why people have such a hard time admitting this. Neither fighter was dominant in either fight. Respect to both of them for fighting their asses off.

Judges favored Canelo slightly, as would be expected, but neither was a clear robbery either.

People need to chill and enjoy these fights for what they are.
                I think a lot of people accept the 2nd match result.

I had GGG winning a close decision the first time and I had a draw the second but could see it going either way depending on what you prefer. Canelo definitely had stretches in that 2nd fight showcasing much better boxing ability than GGG had ever showcased in either fight. I definitely think Canelo won at least 6 rounds in the 2nd fight though. So I can't see any scenario where GGG won that 2nd fight.

Comment

why, so he could get f*&ked over again

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    Canela whooped the Mexican outa that boy
                    Have you seen the back of a $20 bill, man?

Have you seen the back of a $20 bill on clenbuterol?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Jabkin needed to fight Canelo, especially after all that Mexican talk

he talked like Mike Tyson, but fought like Paulie Malignaggi

the funniest thing was that reporter after the fight, asking Golovkin if he thought Canelo fought like a Mexican
                      DAMN!!! That's EXACTLY what Jabkin did tallked like Iron Mike and fought like Paulie M.

Comment

Working...
                      X