No announcement yet.

To you who claim the ref. held out for Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To you who claim the ref. held out for Wilder

If you want to call the ref. style foul play first you need to exclude that he would've given Ortiz the same amount of time. The thing here is when Ortiz was getting punishment in all those cases he was knocked down as opposed to taking it standing so a situation for any premature robbery never had a chance to take place. Going by what did happen i didn't see any signs of the ref being jumpy to call it off, when he finally did end it Ortiz had already been dowmed 1 time earlier and 2 times in a same round later on... it was pretty obvious he was in a defeated shape at that point and probably wouldn't have beaten the bell anyway.

It's a matter of preference but to me personally i'd rather see fighters get the benefit of the doubt to pull through a round rather than have it called off. Getting time to recover however is not the same as being given the chance to ride out a pummeling and Wilder should've not been given that time at the start of the new round but rather been on his own to handle the situation.

The doctors in New York interrupt fights all the time. I don't like it but I see why they do it. No conspiracy here.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
      The doctors in New York interrupt fights all the time. I don't like it but I see why they do it. No conspiracy here.
      They had plenty time between rounds to check him out but once they saw him stumbling around they bought him extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        They had plenty time between rounds to check him out but once they saw him stumbling around they bought him extra time.
        They always wait until the round starts. Have you never seen this? It's nothing new.

Comment

Working...
        X