No announcement yet.

“Here we go again” Federal judge blocks Mississippi abortion ban

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
    yeah, rape is a big factor. Plus many women don't even know they are pregnant @ 6 weeks. But old white men want to be judge, jury and law. What biz is it of theirs? Power. Corrupts.
    Originally posted by //// View Post
    It's extremely unlikely that you will convert anyone from anti-abortion to pro-abortion via attacking their race.

It's very likely that you will lose support from people who already agree with you by attacking their race.

So what's the strategy?

My guess: You don't actually care about abortion at all, and in fact the topic is merely an excuse to attack that race.
    If your 16 year old daughter got raped and pregnant, would you want her forced to have a baby that could ruin her life, in an extremely traumatic way? Plus, read my post above that. I say it's my opinion. You're entitled to yours. Do i attack you for yours?

Do you take into consideration I might be white? It's the policy I don't like, not the race. There are many pro-choice whites. Male and female.

Comment

If your 16 year old daughter got raped and pregnant, would you want her forced to have a baby that could ruin her life, in an extremely traumatic way? Plus, read my post above that. I say it's my opinion. You're entitled to yours. Do i attack you for yours?

Do you take into consideration I might be white? It's the policy I don't like, not the race. There are many pro-choice whites. Male and female.
      I already told you I am pro-choice. I support abortion.

I just find your tactics embarrassing. You don't seem to have a developed argument for nor against abortion. You took the "safe road": Racial scapegoating & feminist buzzwords.

That way no matter what the topic is, X% are guaranteed to agree with you. Whether it's abortion or immigration or free speech or health insurance, you can always stomp in and insult "old white men" and get pats on the head from X% of the population. That's what you were going for, pats on the head. End of.

The rape argument is also poor because:

1. Rape and incest combined, from the numbers I've seen, make up between 1-2% of abortions.

2. There have been exceptions for cases of suspected rape or incest as well as medical necessity.

Between these two factors it's difficult to believe anyone would construct their overall position on abortion based on incest/rape. They are two distinct topics.

The debate should revolve around what to do with unwanted children, which are over 95% of abortions. I believe abortion is the superior alternative compared to forcing neglectful parents to reproduce. For both the child and for society.

If the left promoted this argument then they would win. Most conservatives would shrug and agree because they don't want to pay for those children. This is the topic abortion debate revolves around in most of the rest of the developed world.

With the American left it revolves around: Die you old whites! Controlling women! Incest epidemic!

I guarantee you anyone new to the topic who reads those "arguments" from the left instantly becomes a pro-lifer.
      Last edited by ////; 05-26-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion, seems you just want to argue.

Comment

Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion, seems you just want to argue.
          lol.

"Whatever, if I don't get to just slur random groups and have to come up with a logical argument or solution, I don't really care either way"

Exactomundo

Comment

these whores are lucky im not the president. my abortion law would be brutal as f.uck.

i will allow these whores to get an abortion whenever they want.. under the condition they get executed afterwards.

wanna kill your baby? you die with it.. hoe.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Why are a bunch of old white men allowed to dictate what women do with their bodies?
              Because old white men run the country. Young black men run the yard at the state prison and your wife while you're out at work

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Are you really completely unfamiliar with the concept of adoption and Moses Laws?!?!?

Really????

No woman in this country is forced to take of a child she does not want. No one.

Fyi, your 'argument' is the same talking point you see Democrats and their voters saying, verbatim. Just sayin'.

And so you know, I do side with Democrats on certain issues. I side with Bernie Sanders, of all people, on drug policy (while I very much disagree with Trump's drug policy). I side more with Democrats on marriage, though I'm actually more 'liberal' on that issue than they are.

Just because I pointed out you were using team talking points doesn't mean you have to then claim I'm being a team guy. "Nu-huh, you are!" is a very, very pathetic and childish argument. Please tell me you have more intellectually to offer up than that.

(On that topic, can you please quit mimicking me by using the exact same nomenclature I use? It's annoying, and very childish. And I'm not here to be a trendsetter. )

You be you, and let me be me. Thx.
                You’re not here to be a trendsetter, you’re just here to talk politics every. Single. Day. Every post.

The only reason i’d say i’m a democrat or republican is to annoy you.

So you know what just to be annoying I will say i’m a democrat. And if i’m arguing with a democrat I will say I will “admit” to being rep. Should be fun, you’re all clowns anyway so I will just on both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
                  Because old white men run the country. Young black men run the yard at the state prison and your wife while you're out at work
                  Don’t care for neither.

Don’t have a wife.

I run the yard at work. They do as I say.

Now f/ck off.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    lol.

"Whatever, if I don't get to just slur random groups and have to come up with a logical argument or solution, I don't really care either way"

Exactomundo

I'm with Kev on this...fuk off.
                    Last edited by jazluvr; 05-26-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I'm with Kev on this...fuk off.
                      I just hope you serve as a lesson for others

Comment

Working...
                      X