No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Andre Ward ATG?

he achieved a lot for a modern day fighter who didn't have the longest career.

Retiring undefeated is the cherry on top
    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 07-15-2019, 09:17 PM.

depends on if you saw him fight or not. if you did you would realize he was protected politically and wasn't that good of a boxer having to cheat in most of his fights in some major way to win. a true embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      depends on if you saw him fight or not. if you did you would realize he was protected politically and wasn't that good of a boxer having to cheat in most of his fights in some major way to win. a true embarrassment.
      Lol...I more or less agree here...I just never really saw the skills from him any time he faced a B level fighter or above...I just was never really impressed with what I saw...I do think he was a tough smart fighter though.

But yeah if he was born in a different country I don't think he would have been looked at much differently than Bika Barrera or Miranda etc...he was born in the right place and was handled/managed in the right way...but if he fought a lot of those fights in neutral situations I don't think his record would be close to the same.

Comment

He's not even close to being an ATG.

Kessler was cheated. Ward should have been DQ'd.

Dawson was a weight drained zombie coming all the way down from Lightheavy to Supermiddle, so it meant nothing.

Kovalev beat him in the first fight even though Ward cheated yet again by clinching him to death with no warnings or point deductions. Kovalev was winning the second fight too until Ward cheated some more by repeatedly low blowing him to bring the corrupt ref stopping the fight. WTF?

The only wins that mattered were the Froch, Abraham and Bika wins. Abraham was coming off two losses though. Bika had only fought 1 round in 16 months but pushed Ward to the wire in a close fight but got some of the worst score cards you're likely to ever see.

You won't find many who were as dirty a fighter Ward was. The dude was a cheat, plain and simple. Throw in the fact he refused to travel in an international tournament like the rest of them did whilst also crying that he'd leave the tournament if Lucian Bute was allowed to enter like the b1tch he was. Then when it was all over, the fight that needed to happen was Bute. But he ducked out again. F3ck that dude. It's only recently that a fighter has come along and proven more delusional than he was in Deontay Wilder. Nothing about him was good.

Comment

Yes————————
          I would make room for him at top 25-30

Comment

He's somewhere in between Floyd and Joey Abell on the ATG list.

Comment

No. He defeated some good fighters, not great ones. He was also dirty and protected. Dull as watching paint dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                Lol...I more or less agree here...I just never really saw the skills from him any time he faced a B level fighter or above...I just was never really impressed with what I saw...I do think he was a tough smart fighter though.

But yeah if he was born in a different country I don't think he would have been looked at much differently than Bika Barrera or Miranda etc...he was born in the right place and was handled/managed in the right way...but if he fought a lot of those fights in neutral situations I don't think his record would be close to the same.
                even in the olympics he was being a complete and utter clown getting hurt and clinching the entire fight but somehow winning. they wanted to create a potential star aka a money maker so they did. entitlement is a real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  He's not even close to being an ATG.

Kessler was cheated. Ward should have been DQ'd.

Dawson was a weight drained zombie coming all the way down from Lightheavy to Supermiddle, so it meant nothing.

Kovalev beat him in the first fight even though Ward cheated yet again by clinching him to death with no warnings or point deductions. Kovalev was winning the second fight too until Ward cheated some more by repeatedly low blowing him to bring the corrupt ref stopping the fight. WTF?

The only wins that mattered were the Froch, Abraham and Bika wins. Abraham was coming off two losses though. Bika had only fought 1 round in 16 months but pushed Ward to the wire in a close fight but got some of the worst score cards you're likely to ever see.

You won't find many who were as dirty a fighter Ward was. The dude was a cheat, plain and simple. Throw in the fact he refused to travel in an international tournament like the rest of them did whilst also crying that he'd leave the tournament if Lucian Bute was allowed to enter like the b1tch he was. Then when it was all over, the fight that needed to happen was Bute. But he ducked out again. F3ck that dude. It's only recently that a fighter has come along and proven more delusional than he was in Deontay Wilder. Nothing about him was good.
                  Lol man you were going hard...I more or less agree with you though.

Glad you mentioned the Bika fight too...it was stuff like that with Andre where it just kind of turned me off from him...similar with that Hooker fight on the Kov-Ward 1 undercard.

Hooker seems to have redeemed himself now...but when you see a guy get cards that wide etc...it just kind makes you lose respect for them in a way and makes it hard for me to really pay attention to them or root for them...like they know they didn't deserve those cards/wins lol.

But yeah if he was schooling all those guys on the road/neutral I would have been impressed...just never really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                    He's somewhere in between Floyd and Joey Abell on the ATG list.
                    he's between sugar ray robinson and eric crumble

Comment

Working...
                    X