Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WADA Exonerates Canelo Alvarez with New 2019 Ruling on Meat Contamination Findings!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    You read stuff like this by picking out key words, like Meat Contamination and Clenbuterol, then filling in the dots to suite your agenda.

I read stuff like this by trying to understand what it actually says, and means.

I've done that and posted what I got from it.
    Swear it's like some of these dudes post stuff without actually reading it first - specially pertinent of course was the linked pdf, but since I ain't even sure he really comprehended the original article I'm doubting Mr 2Jabs got that far.

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defau...tice_final.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      lol. bruh. man up. how many times do I have say Dr. Margaret Goodman... its ok!
      yes. You reckon she exonerated whoever... Vargas(?) even though she claims that decision on punitive action was made by either relevant SAC or sanctioning body - I forget because... so what? You appear to think that fact (or possibly mistake on your part) has some deeper meaning as it applies to your odd conspiracy ideas about the WBC 'setting Canelo up'. That this is something I should find important in some way?

Have I got that about right?

Yeah. I ain't really interested in that weirdness, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Sure:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...taminated-meat

From march '18. I've bolded that particular bit because I'm sure folk will jump on it... but it actually isn't helpful in this circumstance at all because the research simply hasn't been done to know what results should be expected from red hair -in fact even blond hair types are problematic since Clenbuterol is detectable in hair because it binds to melanin. Dark hair types produce the best results but even then the results vary widely between individuals - a dose that shows up in hair after a coupla months in one person does not in another and that's even with similar amounts of pigmentation (melanin)... with red hair it's even further complicated because red hair actually contains a different type of melanin - pheomelanin - to that found in other hair types and it's sufficiently rare, and the number of people tested for the limited amount of research that has been done to date so few, that non of the studies that I've looked at (and I've looked at the actual research papers of every study available for free online) does not include a single redhead.

In short - as I've said elsewhere - the research simply hasn't been done to know what result should have been expected from Canelo's hair test. All that can be said is that a negative test certainly can't be taken as proof that he was deliberately using Clen, which is a point in his favour I guess.

My guess, the writer of the article took a few bullet points and didn't fully research the subject. He is correct - Clen can be detected up to a few months out. Sometimes. In people with a certain colour of hair.

Look. You want I hook you up to all the relevant research articles, man? I'm already sick of explaining this ish to people and I only got so much time and patience. My position is exactly the same as it always has been. There's insufficient proof to prove either way how the Clenbuterol got into Canelo's system. I ain't on a witch hunt and in the past I've also debunked the arguments of folk claiming to have definite proof that Canelo cheated... it's just that right now the loudest voices are the ones definitively proclaiming Canelo's innocence which can't be proved either.
        The larger point still holds true. In order to gain a real advantage he would have had to be using this in large doses all the way up to the fight. The fact that it showed in small doses in his system in March but the hair test didn’t show it means he wasn’t using it in enough quantity to have a real tangible effect. Was it due to bad meat? Who knows, but the facts show its more likely than he used it two months out and then stopped. That wouldn’t do much for him from what I have read.
        Also he was tested up until the rematch and looked even better than the first fight.
        But his mistake gave ammo to the haters to cry foul, even if it involves some reaching.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          You read stuff like this by picking out key words, like Meat Contamination and Clenbuterol, then filling in the dots to suite your agenda.

I read stuff like this by trying to understand what it actually says, and means.

I've done that and posted what I got from it.
          Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Swear it's like some of these dudes post stuff without actually reading it first - specially pertinent of course was the linked pdf, but since I ain't even sure he really comprehended the original article I'm doubting Mr 2Jabs got that far.

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defau...tice_final.pdf
          lmao. here let me put the following in bold and bigger size font..

Keywords in Meat Contamination, Clenbuterol...?

The article itself has those words you dorks! lol

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/ne...-contamination

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            The larger point still holds true. In order to gain a real advantage he would have had to be using this in large doses all the way up to the fight. The fact that it showed in small doses in his system in March but the hair test didn’t show it means he wasn’t using it in enough quantity to have a real tangible effect. Was it due to bad meat? Who knows, but the facts show its more likely than he used it two months out and then stopped. That wouldn’t do much for him from what I have read.
            Also he was tested up until the rematch and looked even better than the first fight.
            But his mistake gave ammo to the haters to cry foul, even if it involves some reaching.
            kafkod will tell you that BJS's nasal spray plastic bottle was manufactured in China so therefore VADA should've cleared him... or better yet. Fury and wild boar testicles doe and admitting he was abusing drugs cause of depression doe.. lol

I like Fury tbh, but kafkod is a dumb ass casual fan

Comment

So under these rules, would Canelos' tests been reported or no?

Comment

It's obvious the most likely cause was contamination. He'd never tested positive before and the hair and blod results were consistent with contamination which is a real issue in Mexico. Also if Canelo had something to hide, he wouldn't have volunteered for the more thorough follicle test. Matter of fact he wouldn't have submitted to blood testing period considering he's one of the few guys who doesn't need a belt to be marketable. On top of that his conditioning was superior in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  Under the current version of Article 7.4 of the Code, Laboratories may only report analytical testing results for exogenous Prohibited Substances as Adverse Analytical Findings (AAFs) but not as ATFs, which does not allow for investigations to take place when potential meat contamination scenarios arise – as has been the case with clenbuterol.

Dr. Margaret Goodman and Suleiman are pieces of shet. Corrupt punks that were fed under the table by HBO's Nelson to keep the Canelo GGG series alive for a couple more PPVs. And even doe Nelson was giving it to Loeffler in the a-hole, karma supersedes everything!

VADA is a corrupt organization, but it is what it is. That's the gangsta side of boxing!

Goodman excused Francisco Vargas. Nobody in industry ever challenges this because every single person takes monies on the side. That's just the way it is.

They didn't have to do Canelo like that. This is the sole reason why the WBC made Canelo a Franchise Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    The larger point still holds true. In order to gain a real advantage he would have had to be using this in large doses all the way up to the fight. The fact that he showed in small doses in his system in March but the hair test didn’t show it means he wasn’t using it in enough quan****** to have a real tangible effect. Was due to bad meat? Who knows, but the facts show its more likely than he used it two months out and then stopped. That wouldn’t do much for him from what I have read.
                    The rest I ain't qualified to comment on - I ain't really researched the effects of Clenbuterol or the manner in which it's used beyond some basic stuff on usage cycles, just the current state of testing procedures for the stuff. Anecdotally it does seem that it is sometimes used prior to camp to shed weight whilst retaining muscle by some fighters, but I can't attest to the truth of this and whether or not it's as efficacious when used in such a manner I don't claim to know.

What I do know is that the hair strand test doesn't actually supply any useful information either way... nobody knows whether or not Clenbuterol should have been expected in Canelo's hair two months or whatever after his initial failed tests regardless of how much was there or how it got there so whilst a positive test might have been damning a negative test doesn't prove anything.

Like I say in terms of proof there just isn't anything definitive either way. All we really got is circumstantial arguments such as those you present above, but both sides got their own ideas on that and you can make a reasonable case for either version of events... myself, I'm just saying what I said all along...

I don't know.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-29-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                      Not sure - under WADA they would have been recorded as a an 'atypical finding' then probably 'No Further Action'ed after it was established he'd been in Mexico at the time of the tests. Under VADA - yeah - likely not even reported.

Comment

Working...
                      X